Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602805 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2010, 07:32:22 am »

This adventure is going over limits of hilarity with each update.

What they said about plan, also, I think we will need larger cage...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2010, 10:14:08 am »

Tame it before we take it to the dwarves!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2010, 10:33:36 am »

We definitely need sentries posted so that we can GTFO at the first sign of an approaching stampede.

As for the elephant, the challenge here is sedating it while having the smallest possible number of casualties. Getting it out of the pit won't be hard using levers and a bit of elbow grease.

To sedate it, we should bundle the assorted herbs into an elephant-sized (dosage, not literal) joint and light it up, then fan the smoke towards the elephant until it inhales enough (so we don't have to worry about the wind, or our hunters getting stoned off their asses).

That way, nobody has to get near the elephant/get impaled until it's ready for transport.

EDIT: Also, make/light the joint where it can't see it. The fire might frighten the elephant, causing it to send out an alarm and summon the aforementioned stampede.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:39:15 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2010, 10:53:54 am »

I second the "sedative smoke" plan.

Also, this is probably the best art I have seen in a forum game like this. Also hilarius.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2010, 11:36:37 am »

Get some sedative herbs, grind them into powder and fill some thin walled clay vials with them. Heave them at the elephant, where they (hopefully) break open and release a cloud of sedatives around it.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2010, 01:09:47 pm »

This depends on how fast the sedatives work, but for the sentries, coat their spears in the sedative substance you'll use (if liquid or solid). If they get spotted by an elephant, they probably won't have much chance of getting away. Neither will they have much of a chance fighting it with just wooden spears. But if they can hit one with one atleast they would be neutralized for a while.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2010, 01:42:29 pm »

Get some sedative herbs, grind them into powder and fill some thin walled clay vials with them. Heave them at the elephant, where they (hopefully) break open and release a cloud of sedatives around it.
Pot-otov Cocktails?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2010, 02:21:31 pm »

following this thread

great art, btw

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2010, 08:26:09 pm »

i vote for the orwellian plan a few pages back

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2010, 02:23:13 am »

The Orwellian plan could take decades, requires druggie elephants to do anything we say rather than just shank us for their next hit, involves massive and rigid restructuring of our own society, and depends highly on the elephants being fairly civilized and amenable to us to begin with.

Let's smoke herbs in its face and pry it out of there with rods of wood. Or lasso its tusks, trunk, and ears to pull its head back so we can force-feed him, if smoking won't do the job.

Digging and dragging him out would be easier, but would probably take longer than getting as many elves as will fit with as many prybars as they can carry to just brute force it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2010, 08:13:29 am »

With the elephant now stuck in the pit, the hunting party cautiously moves forward to tame the beast. Usually that involves a few soft whispers in the animal tongue, but the Elves of Amanereli have never been known to stick with tradition. After all, they're the leading civilization of the known world, they can do whatever the hell they want. And right now, they want to see an elephant stoned out of it's mind.

Starting a small fire with which they ignite a few medicinal herbs, the elves fan the smoke over into the elephant's face. It's not long before the Elephant begins to feel at peace, followed by a sudden craving for snacks. In any case, the beast is sedated and with plenty of elves to spare. It's not long before they have the elephant out of the pit and into a nice sturdy cage.

The hunting party marches triumphantly into Eyoaslef, the caged elephant in tow. The Elves of Amanereli cheer and hollar, "We now have an exotic beast with which to do trade with the Dwarves! The world's largest caravan with fifty of Amanereli's bravest elves will set forth for the Mountain Homes!"

"But first, we need someone to lead this expedition! We need an elf of royal lineage to carry our name to the Dwarves of the far east!" Said one of the higher standing elves. The Queen nodded in agreement, "Surely there must be someone willing to lead the world's greatest caravan in my name?"

Several of Amanareli's best and brightest are pulled out of the crowd as candidates. The Queen asks that a vote be held to choose out of the four, which will lead the caravan.

Ima Giftedglade, Elf Princess
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ale Broadstrokes, Legendary Swordself

Amala Nightglimmer, Master Bowelf

Cero Glossportals, Diplomat

Only one will lead the caravan, who shall it be?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2010, 08:24:22 am »

Oh god. So beautiful..

I.. I.. Actually start to like elves. I.. I don`t even feel the urge to drown them in magma anymore.

I vote for amala. We need someone who is able to kill dwarves; The diplomat would do more harm than good. (Tree limit?!) The princess it too cute, and the swordself to heroic. Fight heroic against dwarves and you die.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2010, 08:31:38 am »

one thing i wonder is why do elves bring caged tame elephants on the back of mules...tame the elephant, cage the mules and have the formidable beast carry the merchandise!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2010, 08:37:51 am »

Amala. Dwarves tend to respect fine craftselfship more than traditional diplomacy, so getting as many goods as possible to the destination is important. She should be able to spot any ambushes before the caravan hits them.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2010, 08:43:35 am »

I'd say Ms. Nightglimmer, since she seems to be most likely to get us safely to the mountainhomes, and she can pick off the dwarves from a distance if they prove treacherous.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 185