Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602712 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #720 on: May 15, 2010, 11:33:32 am »

I am the chosen one option
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 15, 2010, 02:22:09 pm »

Oh god what have I done.

Also, I do not see why everyone is fussing over maxicaxi's LAZORZ, they are quite clearly fake and merely your average everyday laser. I know this from the capacitors and having seen quite a few LAZORS in my day.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 15, 2010, 04:01:26 pm »

What about my lazors though? I worked very hard on making the capacitors look nice, and then put them in a big steel box that says:
-----------
CAUTION:
LAZORS
-----------

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #723 on: May 15, 2010, 05:23:22 pm »

I got a report on this thread.  There is a lot of garbage in here, and not just the recent laser stuff.  Please play the game properly or don't post.  I can't allow the thread to completely degenerate because that has not ended well in the past.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 15, 2010, 06:16:23 pm »

Oh good, does this mean people will stop posting THIIISS for seven pages straight?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 15, 2010, 06:33:19 pm »

Okay, so let's stop with the 'THIIIIS' crap before it gets this thread torpedoed.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 15, 2010, 07:07:52 pm »

yeah, we don't want what happened to Vester's Doodle Project to happen to this thread.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 15, 2010, 07:27:08 pm »

:o I hope darkerdark draws toady showing up!
even though I wish he hadn't had to. :-[
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 15, 2010, 07:28:43 pm »

I know man, I mean, it's toady! Shit must've really hit the fan here.
I mean back on Vester's doodle project we only had threetoe show up to straighten out the thread.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #729 on: May 15, 2010, 10:28:11 pm »

Thank you all for stopping the derailment.

We all now wait patiently for the next update :)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 16, 2010, 07:37:09 am »

The sun slowly rises in the east. There has been little rest for the Elves of Amanereli, as they busily prepare themselves for the coming day. Each and every pack animal in the caravan is bound with rope reed cloth to ensure the goods stay secure and mud free. Pouches are filled with fresh water from the river, for the elves will need it where they're going.

There was much debate over the course of action the caravan should take. Many of the elves wanted to ford the river here, but many more feared the swift current, not wanting to try their untested swimming skills. The more headstrong elves thought to travel south, claiming the human lands to be safe for passage. But, many of the military trained elves, veterans of old wars with the Human kingdoms thought this to be a bad idea. And so the decision was made to follow the river north into the lowlands. Into the whispering Marshes.

The transition from the Plains of Torment to the Whispering Marshes is short. Almost all at once, the grasslands give way to broken streams, stagnant ponds and old swamp trees. The air is filled with the noises of nature as birds chirp, insects buzz and toads croak. It is a comforting atmosphere to those who are used to the sounds of the forest, though it does little to relieve the stench of rotting vegetation.

Hours pass by and the caravan moves deeper into the Marshlands, Amala leading them along the winding paths of dry ground between the bogs. The vegetation thickens. The elves keep themselves entertained by softly singing their traveling song, "This".

Then, as though someone just pulled a lever, the noises of the swamp suddenly cease. The Elves of Amanereli walk in silence, casting long and nervous glances about their surroundings.

Like a great ghostly sheet, a thick fog rolls in over the caravan. A strong musky odor lingers in the air, mingling with the natural smells of the swamp. The elves step lightly and begin to bunch up, not wishing to lose their companions in the fog. The mules begin to whine nervously. And it's not long before something else is heard. The sharp ears of the elves begin to pick up whispers, almost inaudible but growing louder. The whispers of many deep and guttural tongues are seemingly coming from every direction.

Amala frowns and whispers, her expression turning grim, "Prepare yourselves. We're surrounded."

What are your actions, Elves of Amanereli?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 16, 2010, 07:40:52 am »

Have all the skilled archers fire volleys at the sounds. Better safe than sorry! Also, have everyone else stick to the trade goods, ensuring that no thieves will grab the stuff.

Also, amazing art as usual, DarkerDark.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:48:01 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 16, 2010, 07:45:57 am »

Awesome update as usual, heh, love the little details, like the donkey carrying the dead elephant, huffing and puffing.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 16, 2010, 08:00:27 am »

KOBOLDS
They have no ranged weapons, and can hardly outmatch a grown elf in armed combat, so the only threat is being overrun by larger numbers. So, the elves in the rear move forwards and the elves in the front move backwards, and form a defensive circle, with trade-goods in the middle- don't want them getting stolen. Archers should swap for swords where possible, as shooting arrows into the mist is A)wasteful and B)just asking to hit each other by accident.

Also, we should do something about the elves on the dead elephant. Draw silly moustaches on them or something.
Long Live United Forenia!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 16, 2010, 08:04:49 am »

Surround the caravan, fire blind/at the sounds, prepare for battle.
If things get really bad, there may be flammable swamp gases around for us to blow up the swamp. But what am I saying? We can't do such a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 185