Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 598372 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1005 on: June 23, 2010, 11:16:46 pm »

It is highly unlikely that 'THIIIISSSS' will improve our situation, infact quite the opposite is possible in my opinion.

Back on topic though, what do you guys think of the latest if not recent developments in this story?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 23, 2010, 11:17:27 pm »

Either way, there's frogman roasts tonight!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 03, 2010, 07:55:22 am »

... I was looking forward to like 3 updates. I find none. Capt is sad.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 03, 2010, 10:08:45 am »

Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 03, 2010, 12:57:05 pm »

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 03, 2010, 01:08:35 pm »

Darker's been on, but he has yet to update.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 03, 2010, 06:38:58 pm »

I'm watching this topic.

Also exchanging a frog person with an elf to have each of them live each others life to gain trust would have been bold but I say it would have worked. Lying that said elf to stay was kin of someone important (not skyward important) would have probably helped convince said frog people.

Other than that you're all a bunch of blind people trying to describe an elephant when it comes to making a rational decision. And it's very entertaining to watch.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2010, 03:58:03 am »

Looks great, the wolf aproves, now moar pls, pretty pls, with dwarf flesh on top?

Il wait untill next update before posting opoinions on actions
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 04, 2010, 07:12:54 am »

Meanwhile, back in Eyoaslef...

The Queen and her trusted champion, Ale, approach a quiet, barefoot, soft spoken elf of considerable fame. Ale, usually known for his boisterous attitude and opinionated manner, speaks in a low voice, a tone that carries respect for the barefooted one, "It is time, daughter of nature, for the final inauguration ritual."

The quiet elf merely looks up at Queen Lothena. The Queen nods sternly, "I am ready."

The quiet elf slowly stands. The others watch her nervously, for she is a feral defender of nature, a tender of the forest, a druid of Amanereli. She leads the Queen to the base of a massive oak and draws back a curtain, there is a long pause before the druid speaks, "Every ruler of Amanereli since the Dawn of Ages has partaken this ancient ritual. What you are about to witness is for you, my Queen, and you alone. I am here only to perform the ritual, I cannot aide you any further than that. I warn you, carry not a heavy heart nor a troubled mind, for the last elf to harbour those within this sanctum had been driven mad. Now I ask you, are you truly ready?"

Once again the Queen offered a stern nod and they proceeded into the sanctuary of the old oak.

The two elves sat in darkness. The druid chanted a litany in the old tongue of immortal races and suddenly, from between the two elves, a small fire slowly flared. Another litany and the addition of a fine powder had the small flame belching a thick smoke. The Queen tried her best not to cough as the smoke assaulted her lungs. The druid seemed uneffected and continued with the litanies. Soon the smoke had filled the majority of the old oak, and the Queen became concerned that they might be smothered. She cast a worried glance upwards.

She was greeted at once with a swirl of forms and images within the smoke. Ghostly apparitions of elves appeared, marching and armed for war. Ancient animals bayed and trumpeted soundlessly. She thought she saw a familiar face within the smoke, it smiled before it began to wither and decay. The Queen gasped with fright, "Wh-What is this? What am I looking at?"

The druid rose to her feet, inhaling a lungful of the thick smoke, "I told you, my Queen, what you are witnessing is for you, and you alone. I cannot interpret these visions... Are you frightened, my Queen? I would say to you that what you see is nothing, merely shapes in the smoke to trick your mind's eye. Or perhaps the forest spirits have been so kind as to reveal what has yet to come to pass. To grant you a vision of the trials and challenges you must face as Queen of Amanereli." The druid paused to draw from what can be best described as a bong. She blew into the thick smoke, and a swirl of color appeared and took shape, turning into what the Queen thought was ghostly flames. The druid grinned as the flames began to eat away the smoke and images, "Or perhaps you only see a manifestation of your own fears? It is for you to decide, my Queen."

Back in the Whispering Marshes, the Elves of Amanereli clash with a tribe of vicious frogmen.

The air is filled with shouts, the twang of bowstrings, and gargled cries of pain. The deadly aim of Amanereli's archers seems to be keeping the deranged frogmen back, though their numbers don't seem to be dwindling. Many of the elves run about in confusion, contradictory orders are being shouted by various elves who have taken it upon themselves to offer battle plans.

"Release the elephants! May these frogmen know the scourge of the plains! It's our only hope!" Cries one elf.

"Fall back! Fall back to the clearing!" Cries another.

Amala, angered that the majority of elves won't stand and fight decides to give her caravan a proper show of force, to reveal how weak these frogmen really are. She produces that which every Elven veteran carries, delectable seasoning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:20:39 am by DarkerDark »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 04, 2010, 07:16:16 am »

Yay! It's back!

Amala must throw her DELECTABLE SEASONING cleverly onto the gigantic frogbeast.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 04, 2010, 07:26:32 am »

THAT IS AWESOME.

Also, attack with the seasoning!
Donate to bay12 to appease the great toad!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:22:26 am by ed boy »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 04, 2010, 07:31:30 am »

I love how even Amala doesn't know what the fuck's going on.

As for the difference between black & white art vs colored. I don't know. Both are good, the level of detail does not suffer in black & white, although the subtlety of certain details is lost in the uncolored rendition.

I'd say black & white is welcome if you'd prefer to use it. However I must say the color would be missed.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 04, 2010, 07:37:50 am »

On the color/black and white front, I would offer my opinion that black and white is fine, but if you do go for it, some should still be in color.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 04, 2010, 07:38:56 am »

I prefer color, but I have nothing against black & white, it's as good as color one.

For strategy... moar salt!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 04, 2010, 07:40:09 am »

I love how even Amala doesn't know what the fuck's going on.

As for the difference between black & white art vs colored. I don't know. Both are good, the level of detail does not suffer in black & white, although the subtlety of certain details is lost in the uncolored rendition.

I'd say black & white is welcome if you'd prefer to use it. However I must say the color would be missed.

Yeah, I like the color too. I've just never really enjoyed coloring, it always seems like a chore, which is why I suppose it takes me awhile to actually finish coloring. I suppose I'll just stick with it and hope to get better at it over time.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 185