Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602824 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1080 on: July 06, 2010, 02:10:28 am »

...After that, the fourth caravan will inevitably be filled with steel-clad berserker-cannibals.

Chanting their fearsome war-cry... OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 06, 2010, 07:28:23 am »

So which caravan is the one that gets melted in magma?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 06, 2010, 07:34:25 am »

So which caravan is the one that gets melted in magma?

The human one.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 06, 2010, 12:44:07 pm »

Read through most of the thread just now, and I agree with the "politely/respectfully apologize and run away quietly" plan.

I just know that there will be an inorganic-demon-led goblin siege at the end of this, just as we're getting ready to leave the dwarven fortress.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:23:45 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 06, 2010, 03:18:52 pm »

But... But... We were going to take the route through the gobbo fortress already... :'(

:P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 06, 2010, 08:33:36 pm »

I sense a new avatar awaits me in this thread.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 06, 2010, 08:45:44 pm »

I sense a new avatar awaits me in this thread.

But that Giygas avatar suits you so nicely.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 06, 2010, 09:14:18 pm »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 07, 2010, 01:26:01 pm »

Not on my watch this thread wont.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 08, 2010, 01:32:29 am »

update!!!!!!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 08, 2010, 01:43:46 am »

The elves watch in stunned silence as the Titan emerges from the crater. One elf, chewing on a long piece of grass looks on and quietly comments, "I'm betting that Titan is at least thirty nine to thirty feet tall, and we're, on average... What? Five foot? I wouldn't be surprised if it could shoot an elastic flaming tongue with the ability to scoop up several hapless victims at once."

He sniffs, chewing the blade of grass as he looks on, completely unsurprised as the Titan does just as he predicted, "I hate being right."

Elf Deaths: 8
Elves Remaining: 45

The thirty foot creature, having just swallowed an elf and a frogman with a quick flick of it's flaming tongue, immediately sets upon Amala, stooping down to stare her in the eye.

Not one to be intimidated by a timeless horror of the old world, she sprinkles the Titan with a bit of salt. It is ineffective.

The Titan retaliates with a swift flick of his slimy finger. Amala is propelled away by the force of the blow!

Amala slams into an obstacle, one of the pack mules. Barrels of strawberry wine blow apart and the Ranger Captain falls to the ground.

She slips into unconscious.

A few of the elves, after witnessing the power of this beast, decide to plead with the thirty foot behemoth, "Oh great and powerful Titan, whose name has stretched across the Ages! Forgive us for disturbing you from an evening of peaceful silence, but we were beset by these murderous frogmen! It wasn't our intention to bring about your wrath, oh great Titan of the swamps! Please, grant us mercy! We beg of you! Mercy and you will have peace!"

The Titan considers these words for a moment before bellowing, "Grrah! You woke me from my slumber! Nobody wakes the great Ngusnogsted Obngot from his slumber! Now you must pay the price! Bloodshed!"

The Titan muses for a moment, looking towards Amala, her prone form awash in Strawberry wine, "Or, booze... Booze will do just as well." He croaks and then bellows once again, "YES! GRAAAGH! You will appease Ngusnogsted Obngot with a tribute of booze to wipe his memory of that accursed, horrible singing! And then you will sing no more!"

"We will do as you command!" The elves reply, "We will no longer sing our traveling songs!"

This does not sit well with one elf, and he bursts from the group, shaking his fist wildly, "Hey! We are the children of Amanereli! We do as we please and we sing what we will! None but the Queen can snuff our right to song! The Elves of Amanereli lower their voices for no one!" He suddenly starts singing angrily, repeating many verses of the popular traveling song, "Thiiis".

With Amala unconscious, there is no elf here willing to use excess force to quell one of their own. Will the Elves of Amanereli join their brave brother in song and drive the beast back to the depths from which it came, or will they attempt to defuse the situation with diplomacy?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 08, 2010, 01:49:26 am »

That elf is clearly a traitor.
Toss him to the titan and give it some booze.
If we have any fruit, we can let it ferment on the way to the dwarves, providing us with some replacement, otherwise we can pick some berries on the way there for the same purpose.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 08, 2010, 01:49:54 am »

Throw the idiot to the titan, then give it the booze  it wants.

This is pure awesome. We must train this nonchalant elf into a badass. Tis only fitting.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 08, 2010, 01:52:32 am »

I am with ein on this one..
Offer that one elf as an apetizer and then give the titan what it wants.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 08, 2010, 02:01:56 am »

Agreed, just throw the elf and the booze to him.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 185