Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602672 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1275 on: December 30, 2010, 09:04:16 pm »

Arrrr!

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 30, 2010, 09:13:19 pm »

Well, if the game gets going again, that would be great!  I just have one suggestion.

It would appear folks got a bit annoyed at the whole "this" thing.  However, the DM only ever mentioned "this" as a way to gauge the general opinions of the crowd.  Surely, there are so many ways to be annoying while agreeing with other people that a little variety is possible; the "do it" thing is just another example.  Might I propose that people change it up a bit this time around to keep the annoyance more spread out?  Possibilities:

This
Seconded (thirded, et cetera)
Do it
Agreeance (if only I were making this one up)
Copy
On the nose, old sport
For the Emperor!

Wait, I forgot one!

Splunge (as used by Monty Python)

--Rexfelum

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: December 31, 2010, 07:54:45 pm »

These people have learned a horrible, horrible lesson this day.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 31, 2010, 08:00:42 pm »

These people have learned a horrible, horrible lesson this day.
that you can replace 'This' with 'For the Emperor!' ?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: December 31, 2010, 09:03:33 pm »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D ^_^ *Hugs Darkerdark!* *Holds celebration!*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 31, 2010, 09:55:34 pm »

*Holds celebration!*

Well, that's just great.  So you're organizing a party.  What'll happen if DarkerDark chooses to "attend party"?  It'll be a season or more before anything gets done around here!

--Rexfelum

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:21 pm »

Oh gog.

How am I supposed to work on Session Seven if DD is updating again?!

I'm going to just F5 over and over and over...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 01, 2011, 01:48:11 am »

This is so awesome!
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 01, 2011, 12:54:03 pm »

Hooray! The pause button has finally been pressed again!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 01, 2011, 01:34:26 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #1285 on: January 01, 2011, 05:42:26 pm »

<Face of childish glee>

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 01, 2011, 09:32:21 pm »

So, DarkerDark: how will everything proceed?  Are you taking off from the last input people gave before the big break?  Are you going to redo the turn?  Are you going to just dictate something to get momentum up, and then take player input the following turn?

--Rexfelum

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 02, 2011, 09:04:08 am »

--------------

Somewhere deep within the Whispering Marsh, Ngusnogsted Obngot, Titan of the wetlands wakes.

"Oh man," The Titan croaks, rubbing it's over-sized cranium as it's surroundings begin to come into focus, "Ugh, my head is pounding! That must have been one killer party last night, I don't remember a thing. Where am I? And what smells like... cinnamon buns?"

"Shit."

----------------

Quite a few days have gone by since the Elves of Amanereli captured the great Titan, Ngusnogsted Obngot. It managed to polish off a full twenty barrels of strawberry wine before it finally passed out in a drunken heap. Unfortunately, that was not the only thing that was sent into the realm of dreams.

Amala Nightglimmer, leader of this expedition, was rendered unconscious in the face-off with the mighty Titan. She lays unresponsive, her body locked away in a coma by the force of the blow she received. The elves have set up camp in the marshlands to tend to her as best they can, but as days turn into weeks, hope begins to fade. Hearts are heavy with grief and worry.

Morale is low. Sad tunes are played on wooden instruments and respectfully, the elves refrain from singing their traditional songs of "This."

As though mother nature herself is taken to tears at the plight of the Elves, it begins to rain.

And rain...

And rain... For days it has been raining non-stop. The water levels in the Whispering Marsh are slowly beginning to rise. If it doesn't relent soon, the encampment will soon be flooded! The elves call a meeting to discuss the situation.

The Elves of Amanereli cannot stay within the Marsh, they must break camp and keep moving. But what to do with Amala? Should a couple of elves take her back to Eyoaslef? She could receive proper healing there. Or should she be brought along in her current state in the hopes that she might come around later in the journey? After all, she's one tough Elf, she's bound to recover sooner or later.

Also, there is still the threat of an amphibian man attack. Though they were repulsed once before, you now have their god, the Great Titan, Ngusnogsted Obngot. They might not let you walk away without some sort of rescue attempt, and the flooding wetlands only works to their advantage if it comes to another fight.

Decisions, decisions... And they're yours to make, Children of Amanereli!

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 02, 2011, 09:14:05 am »

So, yeah... Pretty much starting where we left off. I made a New Year's resolution to draw more, so hopefully updates will be weekly.

I ended up using a different drawing program than what the previous posts were done with and I sort of put a little more effort into the drawings than what I usually do. As the game progresses, the art will probably regress back into the quicker more comedic style of beady-eyed weedy elves that we're all used to. We just have to get the ball rolling again.

So, DarkerDark: how will everything proceed?  Are you taking off from the last input people gave before the big break?  Are you going to redo the turn?  Are you going to just dictate something to get momentum up, and then take player input the following turn?

--Rexfelum

So yeah, in answer to your question, this post was just to get the momentum up. Heh.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 02, 2011, 09:15:42 am »

Wee need to make a barge of some sort, if we're gonna get through this
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 185