Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602801 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1950 on: July 08, 2011, 12:31:54 am »

How is that related to this thread?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: July 08, 2011, 12:42:12 am »

*shrugs*
*pokes DarkerDark*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 08, 2011, 01:44:08 am »

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my tablet to come back from the manufacturer.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: July 08, 2011, 01:59:47 am »

Have they actually acknowledged they received it/are working on it? because things get lost in the mail all the time
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 08, 2011, 07:34:55 am »

You said that you would do a side story with the mouse. when do you think the first part will be uploaded?
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 08, 2011, 09:08:17 pm »

Bumping to keep things interesting.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 11, 2011, 09:01:40 am »

Whispers in the wind.

The sounds of the forest are nothing but whispers carried away by the breeze. If it were any other day, I might turn an ear and try to pick out familiar pitches or tones, but today I feel strangely detached from the troubles of the woodland creatures that inhabit this forest. The warming glow of the sun has me within it's grasp, and I am not willing to resist. I am at peace.

Soft murmurs of Elvish break me out of my trance just enough to catch my ear. They are familiar voices, but the words are drown out by the gentle swish of leafy branches swaying in the wind. One word, however, finds a place within my mind where it slowly begins to repeat itself like an echo rebounding through a massive canyon, "Amala."

The word feels significant to me, as though it has a deeper meaning than a simple Elvish word. It's a name. But whose name? Mine? What is my name? It occurs to me that I don't know what my name is, nor do I remember much at all for that matter. I know that I am an Elf, yet who am I? As the warmth of the sun's rays against my face begins to fade I am left wondering, "How long have I been sitting here?"

I suddenly realize I'm not alone, a single creature stands hunched by an old tree. Its form is that of an elf or a man, yet it has the predominant features of a fox. It's also staring at me. How long has it been standing there? Was it the one who uttered the name "Amala"? The creature is familiar, I'm sure of it. Where have I seen it before? My mind begins to slowly churn, painfully slow, as though I've just downed a barrel of strawberry wine and am struggling to push through the numbing effects. I begin to part the fog and memories start to surface in my mind's eye.

His name is Cipone, yes, and I used to know him. It's all coming back to me now. He was a fox and a companion of mine for quite some time. I was very fond of him and I believe we were almost inseparable until an ancient and powerful force that used to inhabit these woods turned him into what he is now. I didn't think it would be so bad at first, I could almost get used to the transformation. I thought that it had only changed his appearance. I was mistaken, he had changed in more ways than just appearance. And his poor grasp of the Elvish language only helped to make things worse.

Despite being a total creep, I still liked him better than that Slug-man that would always insist on shaking everybody's hand. But not by much... I wonder what's brought him here? I also wonder how long he's been standing there hunched over and staring at me. It's kind of creepy, actually... But not as creepy as that ever expanding blanket of darkness slowly enveloping the forest.

Hmm.

I've never seen anything like this and I can hardly believe my eyes, but tendrils of shadow and darkness are slowly inching their way through the forest, as though they are feelers belonging to some horrible invisible monster. From within the gloom comes soft, almost alluring whispers. Dread fills my heart, though strangely there is no panic in my mind. I can make out twisted shapes in the darkness, but I cannot determine any details. The longer I gaze into these shadows, the louder the whispers become. It is not one voice, but a dozen voices all whispering incoherently at a staggering pace. I feel I should vacate this place.

----------------------------------------
This is a side story that co-relates to the main plot. Since my tablet is still in the shop, I'm doing this all with the mouse, so the art's going to be a little more simple and not quite as colorful. I haven't really planned much for this, but since you're providing the actions for one elf rather than a whole caravan, I'll see about sequencing the best actions for the next post and hopefully it'll come out looking like a story. I'll try posting once every week or so until the drawing tablet gets back, then we'll see how we can integrate this into the main story (Though I've already got a couple of ideas in my head).

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1957 on: July 11, 2011, 09:04:23 am »

Wooo! DarkerDark is back!

I think my eyes are playing a trick on me but it looks like something is lurking there in the darkness, slowly creeping towards me. I must investigate that.

Spoiler: I mean, look (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:24:26 am by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: July 11, 2011, 09:06:54 am »

Wooo!

Punch Darkness to test its reflexes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 11, 2011, 09:21:19 am »

Eeeeeeeeeee! :D You're back! This is back! And it's as good as ever!

> Follow Cipone, hell lead you to safety.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: July 11, 2011, 09:25:26 am »

Punch the darkness in the snout to establish superiority!

On a less silly note, it would probably be a good idea to find a weapon, I dunno, a pointy stick or something.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: July 11, 2011, 09:31:41 am »

I already suggested punching it! :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: July 11, 2011, 10:48:56 am »

Make a new hat.

I just realized that fox is holding Amala's hat, and I'm guessing he might give it back or so(If he ever shows up again), I'm gonna have to say RUN THE HELL AWAY!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:55:20 am by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: July 11, 2011, 11:07:06 am »

Well, you're obviously unconscious. I mean... it's all black and white, you hear the name Amala, and your name is Amala Nightglimmer, and you are knocked unconscious. Then there's also the remembering of distant memories, but no memory of the present... I say, that nothing can really hurt us here. Though I think we should play along, and pretend we are her, who doesn't know it's all just a dream or whatever. (According to many sources, elves don't sleep, they trance.)
Also, I missed this so much, I actually shed a single tear.
On the topic now: I... Yeah. I don't know. There's not much you can do. Against a creature army in the darkness? I suggest hiding.
AND!!! Dat fox is really creepy. Watching people sleep... O.o Meh... He probably means no harm. Just trying to say, that he watches over her, when she sleeps. Like guarding.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:24:02 am by ottottott »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: July 11, 2011, 11:11:01 am »

>Amala?: Swallow your distaste, and speak to the fox-man Cipone.  Keep away from the darkness.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 185