Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Looking for a Blood Bowl Player  (Read 3581 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Blood Bowl Player
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2023, 02:14:57 am »

Their contract is better and all it cost me was my life! Screw you guys!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2023, 10:22:17 pm »

Bay12 Champions vs. Von Richten's Preserves: 3-1 Victory to Bay12 Champions

This was a grudge match, Bay12 Champions having not only lost the game but a player to Von Richten's Preserves.
The only way to fight undead is with a chainsaw, so Helmut was hired. Temporary Coaches were hired. This proved fortuitious, as we'd later tie an Excellent Coaching challenge.
Bay12 Champions lost the coin flip, and recieved
Helmut successfully stunned one of the Wearwolves, then got spotted fouling. We argued the call. It wasn't very persuasive, but at least our coach wasn't banned from the game over it.
First Von Richten's Preserves scored a goal, then AlStar salvaged the drive for a Touchdown!

In the second half, Bay12 Champions dived through a hole in the lines and Great Order scored.
Von Richten's Preserves looked to equalize.
Bay12 Champions employed the rarely-used strategem of Restraint, and avoided engaging immediately with the entire team, sending Vector to harass but otherwise trading space for time.
Von Richten's Preserves got half their team tangled up with the skirmishers and forward defense, and a couple Blitzers popped the ball from Von Richten's Preserves. In order to buy even more time, a Thrower picked up the ball and chucked it in Vector's direction on the other side of Von Richten's Preserves. Amazingly, Vector caught it!

Vector ran, and Vector's experience in avoiding The Establishment paid off with a Third Touchdown!

We passed into the Semi-Finals!

delphonso did not. The Grass is Greener among the Living.

We're scheduled against Da Zonz, a mighty Amazon team that rarely loses, and we've never beaten. However, we've been buying up Tackle all season. Will it be enough?

Oh, and Roden was Seriously Injured.  We didn't bother calling the Apothecary over an injured hobbit, so they'll be cheering on the team from the sidelines.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2023, 07:24:17 pm »

Well, that was sad.

At the end of the first half, we were down two points, and the Amazon team had suffered no losses, so I threw in the towel.
I kinda knew that we lost before we started when I saw our Team Value was HIGHER than our opponents. They don't keep people around too long over there, apparently. (My strategy was to buy Star Players with Secret Weapons, so I had no strategy after seeing that [In my opponent's defense, his bloodweiser babes only helped ONE player return, and his Wizard failed at his spell, so his money was almost totally wasted]).
As a theme team, I couldn't fire any of you, so there we go.
Yes, I have decided to blame you, my fellow forumites, for my ineptitude.  A solid strategy!

Semi-Finalists are we!
Pages: 1 2 [3]