Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Absolutely Terrifying Forgotten Beast  (Read 584 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Absolutely Terrifying Forgotten Beast
« on: April 26, 2010, 05:16:47 pm »

So I'm currently playing a two-years-at-a-time succession game with a friend, with a civilisation of modded-in birdfolk, avesa. Our goal is to build a floating fortress (a huge constructed fortress suspended by a single stairway, which takes full advantage of the limited effects of the [FLIER] token in fortress mode). With the lack of suitable soil for overground planting, I dug into the underground to grab some seeds and plants, and then sealed it up with hatches and doors.

A few days later, "The forgotten beast Efacì Rithesathepani has come!" The description made me shudder. I thought it'd meander harmlessly in the underground, but it made a beeline for my tunnels and broke through all the doors. With only one soldier left after several goblin attacks, and most of the working population injured in bed, I was relying on war dogs to keep buzzards away, and to look out for kobolds and snatchers. The beast flew to the current roof of the fortress and threw a pair of dogs to ground level, and I sent in the last member of my militia, Vavova Usnimaustus the macebird, and prepared for the end of the fortress.

The spoiler below shows the grisly slaughter in full detail - I wouldn't like to expose you without preparing you.
Spoiler: Efacì Rithesathepani (click to show/hide)

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely Terrifying Forgotten Beast
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:57:49 pm »

Nice, I'd flee from that!