Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

Post the response in the thread.
Post the response in the thread.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.71)  (Read 18632 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.4)
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 02:26:26 pm »

It's basically a robot, in a way. Thanks for the opinions!
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.42)
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 02:58:56 pm »

0.42 is now released. It updates all fanciful civs with new reactions so they son't have completely randomized metals. The civs have a chance of getting bronze or steel for weapons, armor, and ammo. Fire giants have also been updated so they aren't a push over, like fire men.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 07:04:14 pm »

Okay now I need help with Deon's secretion suggestion, apparently all of my other secretions for my other creatures doesn't work either.

This is what I have so far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nothing in the errorlog, everything else works fine. Once this is done, I will work on the entity, and then release them.

Oh, wow, triple post.

BTW, someone will ask, I searched the wiki and the forum. Nothing gave me any help that is directly related to this.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:06:33 pm by dragon1423 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2010, 09:02:53 am »

Did you test it in the fortress mode?

I may guess that you may need a boiler with that steam inside, like cave blob has his secretions inside of a sack.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2010, 11:23:21 am »

I have a "Request/Suggestion" You have Centaurs and Satyrs, in order to get the traditional "mythical creature Trifecta" I would add Minotaurs as well.

Also given the nature of Satyrs in the mythical context, you should be able to trade with them as well.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2010, 01:58:09 pm »

I have a "Request/Suggestion" You have Centaurs and Satyrs, in order to get the traditional "mythical creature Trifecta" I would add Minotaurs as well.

I will make a civ for them shortly.  :)

Also given the nature of Satyrs in the mythical context, you should be able to trade with them as well.

Is that a bug? You should be able to trade with them already.

Did you test it in the fortress mode?

I may guess that you may need a boiler with that steam inside, like cave blob has his secretions inside of a sack.

No, I just threw them in the arena. I found something in another thread that says that they should have some of the secretion in their inventory, then I remembered it was a gas. I'll try the boiler idea.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 02:33:47 pm »

Ok, I need ideas for the automatons' positions names, I've got nothing  :P. BTW, instead of secretion, the have a breath attack, it's just really hot and causes extreme pain.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 06:16:52 pm »

Ok, I need ideas for the automatons' positions names
Sentinel, Guardian, and maybe Sieger?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 06:20:47 pm »

Sentinel, Guardian, and maybe Sieger?

Good idea. Thanks for the opinion!

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 06:32:58 pm »

"Monitor" for the sherrif. Go with machine/computer terms if you can

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 06:41:52 pm »

Well, before I implement this idea, consider the Automatons aren't really computers. Sure, in some way they're close, but not exactly. The idea of the Automatons is that a dwarf forged them, and they live just because of the non-implemented magic, like magma men. If you still wish for them to have computer related names, then so be it.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.5) Automatons
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 06:50:40 pm »

Automatons have been released, but I just realized I forgot to give them their 'oil' blood.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 07:13:28 pm »

Well, before I implement this idea, consider the Automatons aren't really computers. Sure, in some way they're close, but not exactly. The idea of the Automatons is that a dwarf forged them, and they live just because of the non-implemented magic, like magma men. If you still wish for them to have computer related names, then so be it.

I know, sorry. I'm having a bit of difficulty expressing what I mean. I think that although they'd be magical, they'd still be machines, and such would be organised along mechanical lines, like a factory or a computer system.
I imagine they'd have pretty functional names, like "Defense Coordinator" and "Diagnostics and Repair", rather than more human sounding ones. I admit these are moving a bit away from straight fantasy and perhaps into sci-fi, so if that's not something you want, just ignore me.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 07:19:55 pm »

Well, I use certain ones, or related ones. I use module, core, optics, gears, they have the steam, and I'm not doing so good at the oil. And no need to be sorry, but I don't think they'd need a sheriff unless it was fortress mode (hmmmm, now there's an idea). If I do add an Automaton fortress, (opinions please, I could make a separate version) I will use computer related names for the positions. Thank you for the opinions, as always.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 07:26:28 pm »

If I do add an Automaton fortress, (opinions please, I could make a separate version) I will use computer related names for the positions. Thank you for the opinions, as always.

Yeah. Remove all current food, and have reactions to change coal and wood into "food" for them. Would make for a pretty interesting change, as you desperately hunt for coal, or oil, or something. And make elves their nemesis (although if you're chopping down trees for fuel, they'll probably get pretty sick of you as it is).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5