Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

Post the response in the thread.
Post the response in the thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.71)  (Read 18712 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.5) Automatons
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 07:32:42 pm »

I will make an Automaton Fortress after the Automaton oil is finished  :). You will be mentioned for putting the idea in my head. It probably won't be done tonight, though, going to bed soon.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I need help making my Automatons for my mod bleed oil. I have the oil, and a general idea to make them bleed it, but it's not working. No, there is no [NOBLEED] tag and they have a 'heart'. Whoever helps will be mention for helping. Thank you in advance.

Automaton:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: My last attempt are the bold ones up there. I know it looks very far off a working form. I literally tried it as a random, but possible attempt.

The oil:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Eh, automatons with teeth but no_eat? I think I will make a tad different automatons later :). Yours look like golems, human-like; and I want mine to be walking barrels with mechanisms inside :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I forgot to remove teeth. Thanks for pointing that out. I actually thought of Automatons as a creature that is supposed to look like a human, it's just metal. That's just my opinion though.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nooo! Don't listen to Deon! Big teeth! Huge metal teeth!

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will add that after I get the oil working, which it probably won't. I have to nerf these things. They give an elephant and cyclops trouble. I could really use help with the oil, or I'll probably take them out for awhile, as it take A LOT to kill them.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

I think you're missing the blood temperatures and the material template required for blood.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I copied over the blood template, and it works finally!! I put 50 automatons in the arena, all on the same side, and told my sun dragon to sick em'. Oil was everywhere. Now I will change their metal to a weaker metal (currently brass), so they aren't miniature bronze colossi. Thank you, GaxkangtheUnbound. I will add the teeth later.

EDIT: It didn't work originally because I had the ignite point and such too low.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:38:06 pm by dragon1423 »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

I copied over the blood template, and it works finally!! I put 50 automatons in the arena, all on the same side, and told my sun dragon to sick em'. Oil was everywhere. Now I will change their metal to a weaker metal (currently brass), so they aren't miniature bronze colossi. Thank you, GaxkangtheUnbound. I will add the teeth later.

EDIT: It didn't work originally because I had the ignite point and such too low.
You may want to add the    [IGNITE_POINT:10800] tag to make it light up like booze.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's already lower than that by a little. Apparently blood can light up like booze  :D. I thought it had to be much lower. You can expect the new release very soon, if you even like or play this mod. Oh yeah, I'll start a new poll on whether or not I should make an Automaton Fortress for the player to well, play.

EDIT: Automatons updated so they don't occasionally have a training weapon.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:20:50 pm by dragon1423 »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.54) New Poll
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 09:02:18 am »

In the event that the Automaton Fortress is a go, I will start brainstorming ideas. I would like your brainstormed ideas as well.

So far:

-as mentioned earlier, Automatons who do not have to eat or sleep, but they must mine for a rock to be made into oil, or Automatonic booze

-oil derrick for rock processing

This is all I have so far, which is why I am asking YOU, the potential downloader, for what YOU want in a potential Automaton Fortress. If not, I will continue on the Fanciful Creatures mod. If yes, the Fanciful Creatures mod will get half as much attention as it does now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2010, 10:07:33 am »

Do they have various metal plating and cases instead of clothing?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2010, 12:26:01 pm »

They don't have clothing, but they are forced to have certain armors if they're in the military. I will give them metal clothing/plating eventually. It's actually a pretty good idea. I haven't yet because I was thinking that if they had a metal plating, they would be even harder to kill, and they already can be hard. I'm currently testing different metals to make them a little less tough. Currently, the download has them made of zinc. Any suggestions?

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2010, 04:51:57 pm »

You could use any metal, and then change the metal's SOLID_DENSITY to something really low (I did this with a similar modded race of mine. Keep in mind that even if the SOLID_DENSITY is low it'll still be pretty much immune against unarmed blunt force, but that might be what you want.)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2010, 04:57:09 pm »

Thank you for the advice. I will try it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5