Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

Post the response in the thread.
Post the response in the thread.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.71)  (Read 18532 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.71)
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:57:55 pm »

This mod adds many fanciful creatures into the game as an actual creature you can see on the map (unlike the current fanciful creatures). I will first start with the vanilla Dwarf Fortress fanciful creatures, then later I will add more from other places. Weapons and armor will be occasionally added and not all creatures will be civs (Centaurs and Anubites are already fighting for a spot on the map as it is, the megabeasts usually get them).

DOWNLOAD

Civilizations

Driders-A humanoid with the lower body of a spider. They live underground and can prove deadly to an unprepared fortress.

Drow-Dwarfier version of the Elves. They live mostly underground, but may venture to the surface to conduct a raid on their mortal enemies.

Qunari-Tall, strong, and a highly advanced humanoid race. One qunari warrior could take on multiple foes.

Anubites-A civ that can appear anywhere and everywhere at once. Don't make them angry, as they are fast and strong.

Centaurs-A tree hugging, booze drinking civ. They're everything we love and hate about Dwarf Fortress. They tend to be peaceful, but their sieges are hard to ward off.

Satyrs-The tree huggers, but cooler. They are stronger than the elves, and they are more tolerant of cutting trees, but not by much.

Automatons-Living statues crafted by the dwarves, they are a powerful race. Like miniature bronze collosi, but killable. They are very hard to kill. I am currently waiting for the [SEVERONBREAKS] tag to work, until then, STAY AWAY, or use magma. Thanks to GaxkangtheUnbound, the oil works.

Frost Giants-A giant that lives on the tundra, they can be a powerful enemy, but a good ally. Thanks to Mephansteras.

Weapons

Javelin-A spear that can be thrown. It may seem overpowered, but it is stronger so it actually does something, unlike the currently bugged vanilla arrows.

Scythe-As deadly as it gets. The scythe is only usable by the Centaurs. If you can find one, consider yourself lucky.

Creatures

Stone Golem-A large creature made of stone. It wanders the caverns searching for its lost identity.

Steel Golem-A large creature made of steel. It wanders the caverns searching for its lost identity.

Fire Giant-A giant made of fire. Basically a giant fire man, not a nearly instantly killed creature, due to it being made of magma and obsidian. Almost all who fight and kill it will die shortly after the Fire Giant's initial death.

And more to come!

The list of creatures to be added so far:

Griffons,Chimeras,Sphinxes,Draconians,Manticores,Krakens,Wadjets,Behemoths, and Leviathans.

If you know about a cool fanciful creature and it's not on here, please tell me and I will add it to the list.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:51:04 pm by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:20:33 pm »

Anubites are a cool addition! Mind if I borrow it for Genesis mod? Credits will be used for sure :). Also I hope you plan to develop more fanciful creatures. Anubites are one of my favourite guys, I've even made a model of Anubite for Civilization 4.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 07:59:16 pm »

Boy, I sure hope centaurs are made into a civ.
Think of the possibilities; an army of horse men charging into the siegers to hack them apart with axes.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 08:07:09 pm »

Anubites are a cool addition! Mind if I borrow it for Genesis mod? Credits will be used for sure :). Also I hope you plan to develop more fanciful creatures. Anubites are one of my favourite guys, I've even made a model of Anubite for Civilization 4.

Sure, and yes, I will develop many more fanciful creatures, but it will take time, as spring break ended two days ago  >:(. As the creatures get added Deon, you may use whatever you wish in your mods.

Boy, I sure hope centaurs are made into a civ.
Think of the possibilities; an army of horse men charging into the siegers to hack them apart with axes.

I already have centaurs, but for jobs they always appear as a Centaur Recruit or just a regular centaur. I will fix it tomorrow, as I today I figured out what I was missing. BTW, centaur creatures are completely piecewise's work, he gave me permission to use it.

And what do you think of adding Chimeras and Griffons after Centaurs? I can't see those two as a civ, but it would be cool to see a creature made out of them.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:13:57 pm by dragon1423 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 09:04:10 pm »

And what do you think of adding Chimeras and Griffons after Centaurs? I can't see those two as a civ, but it would be cool to see a creature made out of them.

Gryphons as the new sky devils. Take that, giant eagle. Your days are numbered by a flying beast with thumbs!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.1)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 09:40:05 pm »

Well I don't see how adding griphorns removes the giant eagles thumbs...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:31:43 am »

Nice idea about making Chimera into a megabeast. As good as hydra, but with different poisons for each head.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 07:40:30 am »

Gryphons as the new sky devils. Take that, giant eagle. Your days are numbered by a flying beast with thumbs!

Yeah, move over giant eagle. Now there's a new giant eagle with the most useless parts of a lion attached to its ass.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 01:58:59 pm »

I've been thinking about this while I was doing my state test  :P. I think Anubites are WAY too fast. Currently all their stats are:
        [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:1500:1700:1900:2100:2400:2600:2800]   
   [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:2500:2700:2900:3100:3400:3600:3800]     
   [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:1500:1700:1900:2100:2400:2600:2800]
   [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:ENDURANCE:2500:2700:2900:3100:3400:3600:3800]

Firstly, should agility be [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:1500:1700:1900:2100:2400:2600:2800],     [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:1000:1200:1400:1600:1800:2000:2200],
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:750:950:1150:1350:1550:1750:1950]. Or should it stay the same?(Note:the LagMonster may come and munch on your FPS)

Secondly, should endurance be the same as agility or really low, like a cheetah? And what do you think of the other stats? As you can see, I am still getting used to things such as these. Note:I will be finishing centaurs soon.

EDIT: I would like all of you to start thinking about what you would like after the centaurs. Chimeras would probably take me longer though.

EDIT 2: I am not creative when it comes to position names. Suggestions are appreciated. If you think a specific name would be cool for centaur positions, post it, otherwise they will be close to elves.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:23:09 pm by dragon1423 »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.2 Released:Centaur and Satyr Civs)
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 03:09:00 pm »

0.2 is now released. It includes the centaurs (couldn't find source of profession bug yet) and satyrs and the civs to go along with them.

EDIT:
Sorry, for satyrs I forgot to add castes so they would actually breed and spawn in world gen. It's fixed now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:43:47 pm by dragon1423 »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 04:12:02 pm »

EDIT 2: I am not creative when it comes to position names. Suggestions are appreciated. If you think a specific name would be cool for centaur positions, post it, otherwise they will be close to elves.

I dunno about centaurs. Maybe just give them a stallion leader. They don't seem the type for diplomacy. The Anubites should definately have their positions based on ancient egyptian relgious posts. High Priests and the like.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.21 Released:Satyr Bug Fixed)
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 04:13:16 pm »

Good idea, thank you. I will update it shortly.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanciful Creatures Mod (0.22 Released:New weapon)
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 04:39:44 pm »

0.22 is now out. I added my centaurs' javelin, which you can throw, to the game and changed many entity positions for the anubites. They are based of the Ancient Egyptian culture.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 05:16:27 pm »

I will include these guys as enemy races for later versions of Genesis :). Thank you for your permission. Right now I just play with them and see what they do and how it feels.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 05:19:24 pm »

Feedback will be appreciated, and no problem. If you have any problems with the civs spawning please let me know. I'm not seeing the civs often, but that's mostly because your Genesis mod megabeasts and others are killing everything  :).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5