Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Surgeons Get Strange Moods  (Read 9453 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Surgeons Get Strange Moods
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:03 pm »

It would be pretty cool to have some ungodly frankenstien... THING that was basically a dwarf with higher DAM_BLOCK and some jacked up appearance details.

Offtopic: Kiddies, Frankenstien was the mad doctor that created the monster, so the monster is technically "Frankenstien's monster"

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 07:18:30 pm »

that poor marry shelly... she must be spinning in her grave from what we've done with her work, what with not paying attention to it whatsoever when we reproduce it or talk about it :p

I like the idea that artificial organs are made with secretive moods.  Fell moods shouldn't end with anyone's definite or immediate death, but should end up with more than one dwarf living through life at a reduced capacity and happiness.  Imagine Urist McWagglebeard suddenly being seized by a cackling Urist McBones, who is holding a sack of various refuse items, and being dragged off to a traction table or somesuch and having turtle shells forcibly added to him among other uncooked and previously living flesh grafted to him.  Or even McBones was only using part of McWagglebeard as raw materials to add to a third unfortunate dwarf already locked in the hospital awaiting "additions..."
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 08:21:18 pm »

Powergoal # I've forgotten which: MEET THE CYBERFIST.

There's a really good chance surgeon moods are going in eventually.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 10:47:35 pm »

Of course, I imagine that prosthetics would have limits... you can't replace a hand with a fully functional prosthetic hang, only something like a hook or crude appendage which would have a much less effective grip on stuff (especially since it can't actually grab)... but would serve as an effective melee weapon for soldiers. They're more or less stiff and lifeless... like, one step up from pirate hooks and peg-legs.

Can't actually grab, huh???  Czech this out, foo'!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Götz_von_Berlichingen

It would be frikkin sweet if dorfs could make prostheses like that of this cool dood.  And I know for a fact others like that existed too, both later and earlier.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:52:43 am by Andeerz »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 12:55:15 am »

MEAT: THE CYBERFIST

Oh wait...

Actually, that might be a great game.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 09:17:24 pm »

It would be pretty cool to have some ungodly frankenstien... THING that was basically a dwarf with higher DAM_BLOCK and some jacked up appearance details.

Offtopic: Kiddies, Frankenstien was the mad doctor that created the monster, so the monster is technically "Frankenstien's monster"

The monster called him "Father," so Frankenstein would be his name too.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 09:20:32 pm »

The monster called him "Father," so Frankenstein would be his name too.

Although you would have been calling him by hes last name, so really you should say Mr. Frankenstein.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 10:51:41 pm »

Mister Frankenstein?
Monster Frankenstein!

Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 09:21:51 am »

;D well if the surgeon gets strange moods i demand that he gets a German sounding name too.

Frankenstein is nice but a bit boring on the long run. We need some   diversity like ummm chimeras. A doctor while researching could create  them - this things shouldn't thought consists of parts from sentient beings but a tamed dear-wolf chimera (C) would be nice.

A completely Mechanical animal/Humanoid mayheps could be another outcome since the doctor transcended the boundary's of flesh to understand the flesh.

The other doctoral professions could get strange moods too. We have the poison framework now so they could make poisons/potions with random effects.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:24:43 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 06:01:45 pm »

;D well if the surgeon gets strange moods i demand that he gets a German sounding name too.

Frankenstein is nice but a bit boring on the long run. We need some   diversity like ummm chimeras. A doctor while researching could create  them - this things shouldn't thought consists of parts from sentient beings but a tamed dear-wolf chimera (C) would be nice.

And now we've come full circle, back to "And that's where forgotten beasts come from."
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 10:50:52 pm »

Well, just have him make a (Tame?) forgotten beast from "scraps"?
e.g. base the body parts off of what he gathers together: if he grabs a plump helmet first, you might end up with an "artifact plump helmet man".

Tinker Thinker

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRESSES_BUTTONS:RED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 11:40:41 pm »

Someone beat me to the IRON FIST of WHATSISFACE, but here's my idea for prosthesis:

Even the highest masterwork prosthetic can only achieve normal functionality
An artifact can /improve/ upon the original functionality.

Obviously, there's some issues with being experimented on by a fell surgeon for the sake of SCIENCE! that will ensure that you can't give a warrior an artifact arm that allows him to mow down hordes of goblins.
Does anyone else find my avatar looks crooked?

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 11:49:45 pm »

...How about reviving a dead dwarf?

Not dying, completely dead. He gathers the corpse and any lopped off body parts, fixes all the broken bones and cuts, sews back on missing parts...and through the power of DWARVEN SCIENCE! the dwarf is revived, good as new.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 04:30:58 am »

Sounds awesome Maybe they could attempt to make siamese elves?
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 05:44:54 am »

Someone beat me to the IRON FIST of WHATSISFACE, but here's my idea for prosthesis:

Even the highest masterwork prosthetic can only achieve normal functionality
An artifact can /improve/ upon the original functionality.

Obviously, there's some issues with being experimented on by a fell surgeon for the sake of SCIENCE! that will ensure that you can't give a warrior an artifact arm that allows him to mow down hordes of goblins.

Why?  It is an artifact and artifacts should be sweet and goblins are... Well, goblins.  Y'know, the third iron ore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4