Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anything similar to DF Tweak's Adjust Start for DF2010?  (Read 1295 times)

Truec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anything similar to DF Tweak's Adjust Start for DF2010?
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:56:23 pm »

I miss being able to send a mighty force of dwarves out to conquer, and I haven't seen any sign of Tweak being updated (it looks like Gibbed has vanished off the face of the Earth, so far as I can tell).  Is there anything else out there that can do this?

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anything similar to DF Tweak's Adjust Start for DF2010?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:07:18 pm »

DFHack is the clesest you'll get that's under development at the moment. Given some time it looks like being a pretty powerful base for all kinds of memory editing tools.

For the time being it's useful for a number of things - automatic digging of veins, revealing areas and producing magma/water.

I too miss tweak, it had a bunch of useful features.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anything similar to DF Tweak's Adjust Start for DF2010?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:02:11 pm »

you can set your starting number of points to any arbitrary interger, via the worldgen file.  i know it goes at least to 100K, so i'm assuming it is reading a long-interger.

if you want dwarfs with more than 10 skill points, you can abuse the game a little bit with Cheat Engine and get as many skills per dwarf as you like.

there isnt an easy way to get more dwarfs like you could with Adjust Start, but its hard for me to find much use for more than 7 before the first migrant wave comes, anyway.