Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: turning yourself early is a very good idea...  (Read 8383 times)

Zeta

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane guy with a fox civilization
    • View Profile
    • Kitsune Zeta's Domain
turning yourself early is a very good idea...
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:44:21 pm »

So I had somehow managed to accumulate I-cant-count-how-many crimes on one guy (including racketeering)... and he finally got arrested...

So, as pretty much every possible crime gets listed, the game almost runs out of room to list them prints one more statement on the fact that a former LCS member will be testifying, and then... attempts to print everything else on the bottom line of the window.

pretty sure that the menu being displayed the way it was is a bug. had the ace attorney defend me (successfully stacking the jury, no less), got somewhere around 25 life sentences (and that was LENIENT - pretty sure a death sentence was more than possible). Odds are, I'm gonna be breaking that person out.

oh, and I'm pretty sure the "attempt to print everything on one line and then constantly rewrite the last character spot" thing is a bug. Probably not the only bug (I don't wanna KNOW how the hell you get more than one charge of escaping prison. I thought double jeopardy wasn't part of LCS's legal system).

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: turning yourself early is a very good idea...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:03:33 pm »

That activist is so damn liberal that everyone else in the courthouse is guilty of just being in the same room.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:54:33 pm »

You never fired an illegal weapon?

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 12:51:53 am »

Hahaha. That's awesome. I've never had one of my Liberals whose done so much reach trial, so I've never before seen a screen that crowded. It appears you're missing some counts of flag murder on Donovan Childress, but perhaps that was for the best. Twenty-five life sentences is more than enough!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:27:09 am »

You never fired an illegal weapon?

That's the mark of a TRUE liberal!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 01:59:07 am »

What, no flag murder? :P

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 03:55:57 am »

How do you get extortion?

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 04:21:10 am »

"A former LCS member will testify against Donovan Childress."

I suspect everyone present would have died by the time all those charges were individually examined, especially if the ace attorney wanted to buy time.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 09:09:46 am »

indecent exposure? so he fought in the nude? he is awesome!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 03:37:41 pm »

And it all ends with a single count of loitering.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Zeta

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane guy with a fox civilization
    • View Profile
    • Kitsune Zeta's Domain
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 05:01:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure that some of those are listed as one charge regardless of how many times you committed them. I think a grand total of 3 of them are treated as such, and all three are in that screenshot.

flag burning was legal at the time, as was "harmful speech".

jasonred79>>extortion is obtained by threatening a landlord for an apartment (and only if he calls the cops). if the landlord doesn't call the cops, you don't get the extortion crime and you get the room for free (with 0 rent), else you'll lose the apartment next month. As you can see, this happened 3 times with the same guy. It's one of those crimes you shouldn't get a lot of. Apparently, a good recruiter will reduce the chance of the landlord calling the cops.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 07:06:39 pm »

There is a bug in your game. The game should only charge someone with loitering if they can't charge you for any other crime...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 07:33:44 pm »

There isn't any gun possession charge on him either, but to have an America where one can be charged with both Flag Murder and Gun Possession is a rare thing indeed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 10:15:10 pm »

There is a bug in your game. The game should only charge someone with loitering if they can't charge you for any other crime...

If you can't be charged with any other crime at the site you get charged, not if you have a clean rap sheet.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 10:33:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure that some of those are listed as one charge regardless of how many times you committed them. I think a grand total of 3 of them are treated as such, and all three are in that screenshot.

flag burning was legal at the time, as was "harmful speech".

jasonred79>>extortion is obtained by threatening a landlord for an apartment (and only if he calls the cops). if the landlord doesn't call the cops, you don't get the extortion crime and you get the room for free (with 0 rent), else you'll lose the apartment next month. As you can see, this happened 3 times with the same guy. It's one of those crimes you shouldn't get a lot of. Apparently, a good recruiter will reduce the chance of the landlord calling the cops.

WHAT??? There's something in the game I've never tried??? You can threated the landlord??? WOW! I even tried kidnapping him, didn't give me a free room, I'll try this one out for sure!

BTW, this makes the Profesional Thief start more worthless, since FREE apartment > expensive apartment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4