Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Community] Duskknife- Home of Outlaws  (Read 3349 times)

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Duskknife- Home of Outlaws
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:58 pm »

Can i be a militia dwarf? Using an axe. And can i can Captain of the guard if it's available. Not particularly concerned about which dwarf, just as long as he/shes physically fit.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 10:15:59 am »

From the mind of Hookline:

"If the only leather that I can get my hands on must be sourced from the beasts below, then I shall go leatherless for the time being. As much as it would make me feel safer, its acquisition would prove too risky. Perhaps some of the newcomers would allow me to trade some of my booze ration (if I ever get any) for a pet, or its offspring. It'll have to wait. It must not be Laltur's will to see me bear his symbol yet.

In the meantime, we starve and thirst, and more and more dwarves around me are babbling mindlessly, sulking, or brawling amongst the stockpiles. Then again, what else could one expect from such dodgy stock? Lokii, who I thought the calmer and colder of the criminals, is among them.

The plans I scratched out will not reach him, but I will not see them so easily discarded. I yet hope for survival. My hunger drives me."

Hookline had carven some designs into a small slab of mudstone/claystone/other suitable stone, along with a message to Lokii, to leave where they may be found and read, out of fear of inciting Lokii's anger should he constantly schedule meetings.

Spoiler: Side 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Side 1 Translation (click to show/hide)

A short while after delivering this stone, Hookline rushed back to reclaim it before it was read, and added another design to the reverse.

Spoiler: Side 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Side 2 Translation (click to show/hide)

How do you feel about the runes - do they add character or simply impede reading?

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 03:47:25 pm »

Alright, starting now~
I really should start using Therapist so more dwarves don't go insane.
The runes aren't a problem for me cause I learned how to read them a long time ago. Nice plan though. I'll probably use it, or at least a variation.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 07:21:17 pm »

I may have done a bit more than break the man's fingers...

Unfortunately, that made the other dwarves see me as a threat, and kill me

I even found the dwarf that did the deed.

Being a ghost is not at all fun. I'm not insane anymore, but there are daemons telling me I have to go with them.It really would be nice if I could observe for a bit longer

I decided to do one last thing before I go.

I should be able to live on in the artifact this dwarf makes.

Watching without being able to do anything is rather odd.

Being insane is never a good thing. I would know, it was the main cause of my death.

There are so many dwarves dying of thirst when there is water readily available, that Hookline fellow for example.

Things may have started to look up for the poor creatures until more troglodytes came up from the caverns.

... the daemons are telling me I have to go now. They say it's rather important. I guess I'll have to leave the metal-smith to wonder what great idea it was that he had.

_________
Short again today, oh noes!
Honestly, this fortress doesn't look like it's gonna turn out to well :|

How should I go about writing now that I'm dead...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 07:50:01 pm »

Lokii II.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 11:06:29 am »

Starting bright and early today...

Just found Apexwhips... there's even a dwarf named Loki in there. o__o;

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 01:26:17 pm »

We've arrived at the fortress of Duskknife. It was odd, when we arrived, no dwarves came running out carrying intruments or some such thing. The caravan just sat their quietly. As the outpost liaison I'm supposed to write up a report on the fortress, so I was sent inside.

First I found what used to be the barracks. Nothing living remained, just rotting bodies.

But there were noises coming from a room nearby. A dwarf was pulling the teeth out of a troglodyte's mouth. A rutherer was sitting in the stockpiles watching. I think I'll leave him alone.

Further down there was a room filled with sarcophagi. One of them was covered with blood. A dwarf had taken down a troglodyte before being killed himself. It consider it a very dwarven way to die.

Further down there was what used to be an operational farm. Four dwarves were crawling forwards the water. They died before my eyes.

I'm supposed to write a report on how the fortress was doing. Instead i ended up making a list of the dead.

I thinks it's better to pretend that this fortress, not even two years old, never happened.
_________
Well... the caverns were deadly this time around, I didn't even hit the HFS.

The biggest downfall was the fact that the millitary dwarves wouldn't pick up their weapons. I think I may reclaim once the military is fixed. Or a may just start another one entirely. This one was too similar the Apexwhips anyways.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 02:13:59 pm »

:(

Did you have an armory dwarf? Equipment changes have to go through them, it's very tedious.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 02:16:23 pm »

I got the nobility screen bug, so I couldn't have put one had there been the chance. Bleh.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 05:28:05 am »

Look forward to the next setup you run! Could you post a link in here when you start it, so I get notified? Thanks a bundle :D
Pages: 1 [2]