Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.4 for 31.13  (Read 36062 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: "Friendship" enchancer
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 03:10:41 pm »

Wow... Dwarven science at it's best :D Just wow... Other than that new ver DFHack had im-pregnator (makes all cats pregnant). As for adventurer->dwarf mode last try corrupted adventurer's save. And all i wanted to do was build a hovel for myself.

Edit: about im-pregnator it'looks like it just speeds up the pregnancy.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:39:21 pm by darius »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 03:34:52 pm »

yeah that seem to happen a lot when I end up having the adventurer leave or abandon a site safely.

the main problem I get is figuring out how to use the stuff you carry in adventure mode in dwarf fort and vice versa if I can master the art of bins and chest I can start a mobile business.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »

Oh that seemed easy. Just reclaim and use. (It worked for me few times) but my main nemesis is item scattering so many cool things ruined (e.g stacking corpses into barrels :) )

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 05:58:18 pm »

Sadly, it seems to not work in the latest version.
The elves have the labors available and designated, but they do not work.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 02:37:05 am »

other than buying them the only other way for this to work is elves bring them over or you having to capture them and send them to the kennel for training.
that won't work on friendly types.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 02:41:43 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 02:46:53 am »

way back in 40d I used your civ changer and Dwarf companion to test if an adventure can get pregnant and have kids. I also said I was going to rename the first kid darius, luck would have it I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor leading to a quick birth so the first adventurer child was half cat half dwarf. I started this on February got success in march. the comment in my sig was based on acathus117 response when I told him that his "daughter" died by a throat wound by a wolf the same death report he always hates when starting out in adventure mode. olon toolpalaces is still alive thankfully from the wonders of finding an old save I had.
I made a poorly written step by step guide on it in adventure mode boards.

I also found out that using cats one can make any non breed able creature pregnant this way.
so far I made a demon, and a non modded dragon have kids.

Oh god. I feel bad for myself and everybody who has to read this post. I realy am sorry but...

A cat is fine too...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 03:24:55 am »

Plump Helmet Men are likely thanking you for this utility. Now they have a better use than just being an ingredient. :P

Though, I seem to have a problem. They are only as useful as children are (and do not have a labor menu). I caught them on site and then tamed them (and removed the [PET] tag). Could that be the problem?

Edit; Ooh. Turns out they also haul things. So they have as much use as a peasant.

Edit2; Yeah, It doesn't work for the new version...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:19:06 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 05:13:50 pm »

so, can i assimilate the tribe of forgotten beast slaying cave swallowmen tribe into my fortress?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 09:03:47 pm »

No, it doesn't work for the new version...
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 09:23:25 pm »

I made a util long ago that allowed tame creatures (and intelligent) to work. This is a remake for DF 31.03

Quote from: Tarran
No, it doesn't work for the new version...
Sorry what?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 09:26:14 pm »

Well, it doesn't work for me, I add the [PET] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag to them, gen a new world, embark with them and save, then remove the tags, load up again, and run friendship.exe, aaannnddd. I don't have the labor menu. And then my fortress ends up out of food.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 10:56:12 pm »

Um... The recent changes to DF means that changing the raws after a world has been generate can cause some serious problems.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 11:45:56 pm »

So how is this utility suppose to work then? It's stated right in the instructions that I have to remove the tags:
"To get them fast:

1. Add [COMMON_DOMESTIC][PET] to creature of choice
   2. Gen world
   3. Embark and buy as much as you want of that creature
   4. Edit raws in save directory and remove [COMMON_DOMESTIC][PET]"

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 11:50:44 pm »

you sure you edited the raws on the save directory and not the common raws? that's a common mistake, i keep doing it myself

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 11:58:03 pm »

*Facepalms*

How the heck did I edit the normal raws and not the save raws, I knew I needed to change the save raws, but changed the default raws instead... Argh. It works now.

Too bad some creatures still can't use the labor panel. (I did add them to the Races.txt)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:00:11 am by Tarran »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10