Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blood and Rain  (Read 1344 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blood and Rain
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:29:21 pm »

My current map is hot and dry.  Blood outdoors just keeps piling up more and more after each ambush.  Before all the blood, my fps was breezing along at 100 capped.  Now it's around 60'ish.  Is the blood a likely candidate for the slowdown?  If so, I might try a rainier map.  As far as I can tell, dwarves won't clean outdoors :(.

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood and Rain
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:33:39 pm »

My rain does not happen overly often, and i dont see a frame difference once it does rain, and i kill a bunch of elephanttS, but i guess you may kill more if you are being seiged or such. my dwarfs dont clean blood outside of my fort either, and my walls wont clean off from any amount of rain

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:11:03 pm »

Is the blood a likely candidate for the slowdown?
All bets are off on this version, so it certainly could be the problem.  That said, my money's on all the items those invaders dropped after you bled them out.

CaveLobsterShell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 06:47:54 pm »

Download DF hack. Run dfcleanmap.exe. Enjoy your slightly improved framerate.
The funniest part being a dwarf actually butchered the stupid thing.  Necrotic poison is the tastiest of spices.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 06:55:24 pm »

Thank you!  Even if it doesn't help the FPS much, I'll be glad to get rid of all that red on the map!

DarkDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:01 pm »

Download DF hack. Run dfcleanmap.exe. Enjoy your slightly improved framerate.

A somewhat unrelated question, but as I've never used DFHack I figure I'll just ask it:

Does DFHack have a utility that can do something like this for stone? I hate building an atom smasher and wasting dorf labor hauling excess stone to the atom smasher pile to reclaim FPS, having it all incinerated for me with a press of a button would be SO much easier.