Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 73199 times)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 05:39:48 pm »

"i... u... e... o... A! ATMOSPHERES!"
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 07:37:08 pm »

So, just waiting on Gheronaton's actions to turn the turn? How long will we wait between turns?

Also, please set me up on the waiting list:

Name: Satae
Sphere(s): Darkness, Chaos, Mystery
Personality/Traits: Energetic, playful, and carefree at some times, and reserved and enigmatic at others. She's a meddlesome cosmic prankster who strives to keep wonder in the universe.
Appearance: Typically appears as a young woman with fair skin, antennae on the top of her head, and short black hair. She's clad in a short black dress, and carries a trident of a mysterious blue metal. Her eyes change color to reflect her emotions, but are typically a green of mischievousness, or a yellow of curiosity and excitement.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:04:22 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 11:49:14 pm »

Coradin drifted through the void. He could do wonderful things here, yes... but first... he needed a home near the worlds of his kin

Coradin creates his Palace, a magnificient complex of towers, shifting corridors and canals, also orbiting the black star

He then turns his attention to the creations of his brothers and sisters. Their worlds are of incredible beauty. He had to create something of his own now.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:56:31 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 12:01:08 am »

WAITING LIST PL0X!

Name: The Chained God
Aliases: The Watcher in Darkness, Voidwalker, The Emperor of Chains, He That Knows All, The Monstrous Void, The Dead Dreamer
Sphere(s): Forbidden Knowledge, Power, Darkness, The Void
Personality: The Chained God is an enigma. It creates one moment, crafting worlds and civilizations from the ether one moment, and sweeps them away a moment later. It does not care for the company of the other gods, preferring its own company, yet it is courteous to his fellow deities. It has no time for fools, though, and does not deign to talk with them. When dealing with mortals, The Chained God has little patience, and treats them with disdain at the best. At its worst, The Chained God plays with mortals, torturing them or driving them to insanity. It only knows love for its own creations, strange cyclopean beings that drift through the stars. The Emperor of Chains is also a repository of knowledge, having taken them from the drifting ruins of ancient civilizations and from the hidden libraries of dead gods. If a mortal can find the hidden words and ancient rituals to summon one of Voidwalker's servants, it might just send the knowledge the mortal needs, along with mind breaking visions of otherworldly horrors that send them reeling into insanity.
Appearance: The Chained God appears as a humanoid clothed in chains. The chains themselves seem to be bloodstained and engraved with tiny runes that speak of secrets that would send whoever challenged it into madness. Its entire body is not visible under the weighty layers of steel, and one can only discern two orbs that glow a deep red. It is usually clothed in a brown robe with a cloak. The robes are tattered with age, the long sleeves and hood hiding most of its chains. A large tome, bound with the leather of some ancient beast, is always found with The Chained God. The tome seems to be chained to the god, and the chain that binds the deity to the tome seems to be stronger than the rest of the chains that clothe the god. In battle, The Chained One strides without his cloak, garbed in plate armor that is covered with the filth of ages.His weapon is his tome, and he shouts out eldritch chants that slay his foes.

I spent some time making this. ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:45:18 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 12:44:20 am »

We've got some interesting gods in the waiting lists.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 01:23:06 am »

Alex makes the turn happen already.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 06:45:07 am »

I'm bored, so I'll do some RP.

The Chained God had drifted through eons, through millennium upon millennium, till it came across a barrier in the Void. It stopped, intrigued by the immense force that prevented it from entering. It prodded and pushed, sending thousands of tiny magical probes, yet each one was beaten back. The Chained God began to feel an almost alien emotion, something it had not felt since the beginning of time: Frustration. Its repertoire of spells were beginning to deplete as The Chained God hurled a godly amount of spells to pierce this barrier. Every single probe and spell had been deflected or stopped by the strange barrier. All but one. This particular probe was small, crude and one that the Voidwalker had almost forgotten about in its eons of existence.  The probe suddenly surged with strength as The Chained God poured its energy into enabling the extension of its will. For a moment, all the deity could sense was darkness, but then it perceived several entities floating about like motes of dust in the impenetrable dark of the void. A single star and several planets could be detected by the probe. The Voidwalker decided to wait by the barrier, waiting for a chance to enter this new expanse of creation...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 07:25:53 am »

I'll join the waiting list.

Name: Dragnar, The Silent God
Sphere(s): Magic, Heroes, and Thought
Personality/traits: Dragnar rarely appears before most mortals, preferring to work from the shadows to guide civilizations toward greater knowledge. The only exceptions are heroes; Dragnar respects those willing to fight against impossible odds with little hope of reward or even survival. Great courage must be rewarded, and so he often sends lesser minions to assist and guide them.
Appearance: On the rare occasion that he chooses to manifest an avatar Dragnar most often takes the form of an old wizard of whatever species he is appearing before, maintaining his secrecy even when physically present.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:08 am »

Hey, guys, i can`t be online non stop, ya know.  ;D

Life. What a strange feeling.

He glanced around and saw many other beings, in various forms, creating things. "Nice looking but amateurish. I bet i can outdo them all."

And so he called forth his godly powers and created a big, burning, ball of magma. Then he cooled parts of it and thus created islands and continents, which were swimming over the magma sea. Then he created mountain ranges, and deep lakes and deadly deserts and plains and wastes and forests out of burned trees.

"And now" He bellowed "Make it homely". And thus he created volcanoes, and huge thunderstorms that never ceased to be. And the earth from then on constantly shuddered with earthquakes and meteors were constantly crashing down on the surface, while magma tsunamis and hurricans ravaged the land.

In the middle of the biggest continent he created a great stone hall, with enough room to house countless creatures. And thus he created "Incendium"

And he saw that it was good.

I create a planet with many continents and isles and seas of magma. The plane is constantly ravaged by all imaginable nature catastrophes. But the great hall i created shall not be harmed. If possible i want my planet to be visible from every other planet created by the other gods, as a bright red burning star.

/Btw the chained god is awesome. Seriously.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:34:58 am by Lordinquisitor »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:21 am »

Thanks. I just cannae wait to release my Cthulhuids onto the world!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:49 am »

"NO!" elan cried out "WITHOUT ATMOSPHERE, NOTHING CAN SURVIVE!"

elan changes making banjo into creating an atmosphere for the planet.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 08:48:22 am »

"NO!" elan cried out "WITHOUT ATMOSPHERE, NOTHING CAN SURVIVE!"

elan changes making banjo into creating an atmosphere for the planet.

Could you clarify which one? There's the moving-plate planet, Natus, the Aether belt, and the new volcano world.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 08:53:05 am »

moving plate-planet.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:16 am »

Alright, everybody, I'm here. Tired of school, but alive. I'll update the first page in a lil' while, and end the first turn.
Note to self: Resist having your Grammar-Nazi habits terribly ripping and correcting posts, especially your own.

I just noticed that my constant editing is upping the 'page reads' every minute I spend in the thread.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:03:51 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 10:35:00 am »

I would think an atmosphere would come default with planet or world creation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56