Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Dealing with the unkillables.

(1/9) > >>

RandomNumberGenerator:
Has anyone found an effective way to deal with the unkillable bronze colossi/titans/forgotten beasts? I know bronze colossi can be caged, and forgotten beasts can have a cave-in engineered to crush them, but aside from that it seems like there is no real way to get rid of these guys. When I lost a fort to a Lapis Lazuli FB, I swore myself off playing until this was fixed under the dilusion that it would be fixed within the next week or so... but it's been three weeks and we only just got an update from Toady saying that he will be working on the merge for a while, then interface/equipment problems after that, so apparently this problem isn't very high on Toady's priority list and won't be getting fixed for quite a while.

So I started a new fort, hoping maybe things would be slightly different. Maybe I just got unlucky with that particular FB. Not so. I lost my next fort in the same way, after getting one weak blood monster and a moderately difficult dinosaur, I got a steel beetle that crushed my dwarves again. So... I decided to post here. Does anyone know any way at all to make these possible to deal with? I know Bronze Colossi can be killed if they're changed from inorganic bronze to organic bronze(not sure what organic bronze is) but forgotten beasts are apparently hardcoded. I'm just looking for one of the following, in order to most preferred to least:

1) Way to kill them(seems unlikely)
2) Way to stop them from coming to visit my fortress.
3) Way to remove them from the game entirely,

Pickled Tink:
Deep pits, magma immersion, wall usage.

Deep pits: See if a really huge impact will kill them. If it doesn't, who cares? They are at the bottom of a really deep pit and won't bother you again.

Magma: Melt the suckers. If magma alone doesn't work, add water and encase them in obsidian. That will kill em dead.

Walls: Build walls so they can't get to you. They just get to sit outside bemoaning their dwarf- smashing-less fate and writing depressing poetry while your dwarves Attend Party. You don't need to hold the whole underground, you just need enough for farming.

Sizik:

--- Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator on April 27, 2010, 02:45:05 pm ---2) Way to stop them from coming to visit my fortress.

--- End quote ---

Don't breach the underground.

GaxkangtheUnbound:
3) Go into your raws folder under creature_standard and remove the entire raw for it.

Arkenstone:
But what about the unkillible Forgotten Beasts?  They aren't in the raws.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version