Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Using Tweak to make magma pipes  (Read 640 times)

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Using Tweak to make magma pipes
« on: April 27, 2010, 06:11:38 pm »

I've heard that Tweak's foreach module can make magma pipes but they won't actually flow or replenish. What's been tried to make them go? Do the flowbit hacks in dfHack work?
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: [40d] Using Tweak to make magma pipes
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:17:07 pm »

Well, from my experience of trying to make a magma pipe, I noticed stuff... magma didn't spawn at the bottom of the pipe at the "magma flow tile" or whatever you want to call it. It actually spawned at the top level of the magma pipe and it spawned as a 7/7 chunk.

So, the actual making of a magma pipe might be something like... you have the bottom level with whatever coding and then possibly the tiles between the top in bottom with coding (doubtful) and you have the tile at the top where the magma goes no higher, quite possibly with different coding.

Also, whenever I made a aquifer tile, I had to build something near it to get it to start flowing, something might have to be done similar to that for the magma to start...

Other than that, good luck.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!