Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

2 ideas

(1/2) > >>

PTTG??:
I've just been a crock pot of ideas here, recently, haven't I?
These are a few musings;- Have certain mechanical actions within a fortress trigger notifications to the player character in adventurer mode. Possibly this can be influenced by distance. For example:
Pulling a lever next to a trapdoor:
"You pull the lever.
A trapdoor creaks open!"Stepping on a pressure plate attached to a floodgate in the next room:
"there is a subtle click.
A something rumbles nearby!"A goblin pulls a lever on a drawbridge several rooms away:
"there is a distant groaning of mechanisms!"I believe that a more thorough hearing system is planned; this is just a stop-gap suggestion until more advanced things can be added, to make it somewhat easier to see the effects of adventurer-mode lever-pulling.-Have "crafts" be defined by raws. I just find it hard to believe that there is  a significant yearly demand for hundreds of felsite crowns in human towns, especially since you never see humans wearing them. It would be satisfying to at  least add items like smoking pipes, plates and bowls, candle holders, pens, false eyes*, tea pots, globes, letter openers, and other specific miscellanea of daily life. The downside would be that sometimes, you will get requests for 7 fine pewter cupholders and have no way to tell your dwarves what exactly to make. To fix this, perhaps the manager screen needs to enable more detailed orders, including specific items out of a set, as well as the more general "random from this set" orders like the ones given at the shop. * This is a masterful bronze false eye. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with masterfully worked spikes of steel. On the item is an engraving of a dwarf and a false eye. The dwarf is in a fetal position. The dwarf is attempting to wear the false eye...

Capntastic:
A lot of that nitty gritty fun stuff will be in when adventurers and stuff have actual senses better defined.  Also stuff like feeling a breeze and hearing a wolf howl and other adventuresome things.   It'll be so rad.

Lyrax:
Yeah, after living next to a dwarven civilization for a few years, you'd think all humans wore a crown, scepter, two rings, and an amulet.  And played some sort of stone instrument in a band.And gave little battle axes made out of rocks to their kids.

Draco18s:
And have 13 idols of various gods tucked away in the corners.

Kagus:
And ate really really nice food, while admiring the ruby-studded quarrels on their mantlepiece.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version