Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

A Most Glorious Discovery

(1/3) > >>

inteuniso:
After generating a world, I check the civs when beginning a fort. I had noticed that the goblins had died out, their human abductees taking over.

The best part of this world though? Not a single elf has survived to my time. This world is officially elfless.

EDIT: Damnit, those crafty elves. Apparently some escaped to the wilderness. Time to go into adventurer mode and slaughter what is left of them.

MetalSlimeHunt:
No goblins, and soon-to-be no elves... Sounds like a good world to send to the Age of Twilight/Death.

DalGren:
Actually I notice that, in worldgen, it can happen very often.
Playing with a harpy mod I am making I could see they never survive worldgen. And during the many tries, elves, goblins and at times even humans went extinct entirely, leaving only "towns" (instead of *human* towns). Dwarves are the most successful, and even so I had cases of only one dwarven site remaining.
I wonder if something is bugged? (even in vanilla, also tried disabling my customizations)
Reading legends, I can't tell why they go extinct, but seems related to megabeasts slaying everything they come across. (the information is a bit too spread out to figure).

Dorf3000:
Yes, now that certain large aboveground creatures are very hard to kill, they do a lot more rampaging and extinctifying other creatures.  Probably the worldgen defaults need to be tweaked so they are more rare/weaker in combat and not the scourge of civilisations, or add in an extra option to reject worlds without certain civs. Maybe the number of caves also has an effect.

Fullmoon:
    elfless

What a wonderful and beautiful word.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version