Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Circus Towers? (massive spoilers)

(1/2) > >>

sammiched:
Like the topic says, massive spoilers. This is the last warning.

I'm on my 3rd or 4th fortress in 31.03, just used reveal to scope out the rock layers and what do i find but about 9 pages of demons in the unit list. Seriously, 9. On top of that there's just over 21 pages of undead, but only 8 regular creatures (not 8 pages, just 8 units). Holy crap guys. Also when i looked around in the underworld, there is essentially a tower of natural slade that extends from the underworld, through the molten rock and magma sea, and up into the bottom of the 3rd cavern. This tower is where all of the undead and demons are located, and it's open to the 3rd cavern.

I suppose the demons could work their way into the pits and the zombies can wander off the side of the cave, but this tower still seems pretty crazy. Has anybody else seen something like this, and if so how frequent is it? If there's enough interest i'll figure out how to upload this.

Retro:
That's... huh, I haven't heard of exactly that before. Is there a type of fortress or temple-looking area towards the top? That'd be familiar, but a random slade tower is new to me.

darkflagrance:
Definitely upload the tower and post the link. I haven't encountered anything like this myself, although I know people have encountered temple-like structures filled with undead before.

KillerClowns:
I'd wager this is the Demonic Fortress, albeit a bit bigger than I've personally seen.  By the "third cavern," you mean lowest non-hellish one?  There's probably an upright, masterwork adamantine weapon somewhere in it.  Go down there and take it, it'll be fun.
EDIT: Oh, and Demonic Fortresses are rare, but not incredibly so.  About as common as the Eerie Glowing Pits of old, although the new caverns mean you're more likely to die before reaching them.

sammiched:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-23093-topofthetower

It is indeed a demonic tower, hadn't seen that article on the wiki. Thanks for the info. Also the weapon is a long sword (Master sword perhaps? Had a good chuckle about that). Well for those of you that haven't seen one, enjoy the map!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version