Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mac DF tilesets- adapting Mayday et al.  (Read 1939 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Mac DF tilesets- adapting Mayday et al.
« on: May 21, 2010, 06:50:06 pm »

I've been playing 40d with Mayday for, oh about a yearish now, I would think, on my Mac. Anyways, whenever the graphics issue is all fixed and settled for 31.04 (or if we wait for .05 or what-have-you), I'd like to go back to playing DF with tilesets (as ASCII gives me a huge headache)- to anyone who knows and cares, is it going to be easy to make a tileset run with the Mac DF, or is this about to get really tiresome and involve messing about with far too many variables?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mac DF tilesets- adapting Mayday et al.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:04:37 am »

You can use tilesets... You just cant use "graphics".. IE .. everything else thats in Raw/Graphics folder

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mac DF tilesets- adapting Mayday et al.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 01:51:56 am »

Mac tilesets work exactly the same as Windows tilesets. Once .05 comes out, it should just work.

The only problem I've seen in the past with some tilesets is that they use Windows path delimiters '\' instead of POSIX ones '/' which breaks on the Mac and probably on linux as well. I just IM the authors when I find that and ask them to fix it in their next version.