Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Locksmith's workshop, Keys and locked doors

<< < (2/7) > >>

Draco18s:
Amazingly enough, this idea has been requested, just not with the words "locksmith."If you check the "Top3 Suggestions" thread there's a small note about:
quote:(2) door access lists:
zagibu, IstrianWhich is the suggestion you're looking for.

Breakfaster:
@Capntastic : You should better dont activate the lock before the room is finished and the furniture placed in.   ;)
Further i think too many locked doors can make the dwarfes getting paranoid or something.
Use this feature wisely!An additional 'open locked door'-task is needed for keyholders, so the one who wanna enter the room heads for a keyholder of this room first. The keyholder can deactivate the lock and leave it open if ordered.Allrighti?
@Draco18s : Please read my post again!My request is to add a extra Workshop producing keys and Locks and keyholders InsteaD of this st***d access lists.
so long . . .

Nesoo:
I'd prefer an access list, let the keys and such be conceptualized and not actual (like mason tools, for one of many examples). One suggestion that I've seen and liked, but am too lazy to look up, is to give doors a profile screen like workshops.

Wolfius:
If you're going to have locks, they should only function for keeping kobolds and the ilk out - the 'cost' being that you need a dwarf with a key to use lock/unlock the door/lever/etc. If you include a 'lost key' mechanic, whereby a stolen key(or just allowing them to hand around a locked door/etc long enough) means critters may show up with a copy of said key, then you'll want the ability to specify, say, Type A/B/C lock/key. And maybe the ability to assign keys to specific dwarves. But all this would mean alot of work for little in the way of actual features.

Draco18s:
quote:Originally posted by Nesoo:
<STRONG>I'd prefer an access list, let the keys and such be conceptualized and not actual (like mason tools, for one of many examples).</STRONG>Ditto.  Having the make keys, then assign the keys, then assign the doors, and then and then and then...is just too much work.Also, it'd completely f*ck a Dwarf's AI if he has to path to a workshop on the other side of a door that he has the key to.  Instead of being tasked as "Make Rock Furniture" the dwarf has "unlock door" whereupon another mason grabs the task instead, only to get "unlock door" and then what do you have?  Every mason capable of going through that door and using the workshop pathing there.  Then they all get there one after the other and find the place occupied, then cancel their task, spamming the player.Yeah.  That'd be fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version