Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Inns or invited guests

(1/3) > >>

haftan:
I know this is in the dev log somewhere but how about Hero's that can be other races take up in your settlement and give protection in return for food and shelter? And when armies are active then they can "convince" some of your population to go on a quest with them. Just like you do to other civs in adventure mode?
Second, how about a outside store or inn that will cater to outsiders and earn some cash on the side? It would be a store for non-pop migrants on their way to somewhere else? Then it might be more lucrative to set up shop on a route then waaay out in some lonely mountain.

penguinofhonor:

Capntastic:
There was a thread about this a while back.   Seemed like a pretty legit idea.   Especially once the fort becomes more of a town/city than a barebones outpost.

Snaad:
That and the possibility to designate creatures/races as friendly and unfriendly would be a great idea. And I mean designate as in preference'in inn access' of course; I'm not suggesting that marking a titan as friendly would suddenly make it friendly. Even though the idea of dwarves  having a drinking night with a titan does create a rather funny image in my head.[ December 23, 2007: Message edited by: Snaad ]

Baro:
I'd LOVE to be able to designate rooms for rent to travelers.  Once roads are in and migrations are more refined, each area could even have a "travel" rating that would show how often people crossed through the area.Would be fun to just have 7 dwarves running a little brew-pup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version