Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Phoenix 303 - The Lester Conflict  (Read 6003 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix 303 - The Lester Conflict
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2010, 12:59:16 pm »

It's hard to make out the truth amongst the gossip.  What you saw was a four-armed figure fire a plasma blast, and that plasma blast hit the Keltonian ambassador.  The ambassador was carried away by security staff and looked severely injured - much of his back was burned and bleeding.

The gossip is less helpful.  Half are claiming he's dead, half are claiming he's alive and another half (spread between the earlier two halves) are saying it was all a setup.  That half is divided as to whether it was set up by the Ackrians or the Keltonians.

Whatever happens, the ambassadorial meeting's due in an hour.  If anyone turns up, that is.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2010, 01:06:40 pm »

Pulling himself away from the swirling rumers Lacrine decided it was best to turn up anyway.
He was wondering what the trade union made of this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2010, 01:42:00 pm »

Spoiler: Turnot Millek (click to show/hide)

Turnot Millek, after a quick check on the ambassador at the sickbay, heads to the station security office to see what was caught by any cameras on the station to get a clear picture of what is going on before going to the meeting in Trill's place.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2010, 02:10:27 pm »

A quick meeting with the security offers reveals images of the four-armed soldiers gathering from multiple different areas to meet at the Ambassadorial wing.  They used a cloned keycard to access the wing, then shot down security cameras along their way once they entered.  Smoke prevented clear visuals of the characters, and they wore masks anyway.  Notably, the assassins destroyed their own dead rather than have them be examined.

On your way to the meeting, the station rocks as an explosion goes off.  Blast doors close between the bulkheads on the Ambassadorial Wing - you are a little glad you were already out of there - it seems the assassins left one more present behind.  A quick check with security (and a ten minute wait as they communicate with their own forces) gets you an official statement that the bomb came from Ambassador Trill's quarters.

The diplomatic meeting is called into session with all attending ambassadors.  Turnot, you have Trill's datapad and as such all his info on the conflict.  All of it.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2010, 02:35:07 pm »

Turnot Millek stands up.

"Greetings.  For those that do not know me, I am Turnot Millek, Ambassador Trill's chief aide.  As you may know, he was gravely injured during the terrorist attack.  While he is recovering, I will be filling his ambassadorial role."

"I believe I speak for all Kelton when I say how shocked and appalled I am by this attack.  I can only hope that the murderers responsible will be swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

"Ambassador Hackra, I believe you had mentioned subversive elements in your society that are plotting some sort of overthrow.  The attackers were clearly Ackrian- do you believe this act could have been conducted by them?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2010, 03:10:12 pm »

"I intend to formaly request acess to a copy of the video footage and list of all Ackrians aboard. I was not aware there was much if any Acrkian presence here. It is possible, though other possiblities pressent themselves: it could have been the pro government fanatics (they cause us far more trouble than they realise), angered inhabitants from Lester who see no good coming from these talks, Mustang's supporters, traditionlists who feel any who mess with the Ackrians sould be attacked violently or even other groups who want to end the talks and seek to bring us to war. I will be conducting an investigation of my own and assiting the station secruity where ever possible. Please pass my regards and wishes for his speedy recovery to ra'Lankton,"

Lacrine turned to face AL31 with a smile.
"I have a question for you ra'AL31-K8R. What is it that those you represent want or would like?
To be clear I have no intention of offering any kind of bribe or incentive but you are a buisness man who represents buisness men so there has to be somthing you want? I only ask because I find your silence strange, you never ask or make comment on the discussion at hand unless asked.
So I'm asking you now as well what do you make of the current devlopment?"

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2010, 04:39:02 am »

bump

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2010, 12:14:20 pm »

I will not accept this *BUMP*

where are you Iituem?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2010, 05:05:00 am »

Apologies - been away for the last week with much less net access than I would like.  Well, it seems pretty clear Kirby's out, so...

------------------------

The Trade Union ambassador is conspicuously missing from the meeting.  There has been no sighting of him since the incident.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2010, 05:15:36 am »

Ah I was confused by this.
The diplomatic meeting is called into session with all attending ambassadors.
/OOC

Lacrine tapped his fingures on the table in an irrated fashion.
"ra'Turnot Millek do you know if AL31 was in the area where the attack took place? I fear he may have been damaged,"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2010, 05:16:59 am »

The Speaker shakes his head.

"I have not heard word of the Ambassador, but his quarters were located in the same wing as the explosion.  If you wish, I can send Security to search for him."

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2010, 05:26:31 am »

"It would put me at ease if you were to find him,"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2010, 10:56:32 pm »

Millek shrugs.  "I don't know of his whereabouts today.  It would be good to know if he is healthy."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]