Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Any way to save my fort from the curse of FPS?

(1/1)

Igawa:
So, I'm at something of an impasse, and I'm wondering if there's any way to solve my FPS problem. The fort is one of my best, and I still have great plans for it, such as a nice big megaconstruction tower and near-surface magma resevoir+torture pit. It's on that new 'dwarf heaven' 4x4 map, which is great cause the caverns start a mere 13z down, the carnival is only at ~40 or so, and there's even a funhouse in one corner of the map. Loads of trees on both surface and cavern, massive gobbo sieges, etc.

But recently the FPS went to hell. 135 dwarves, 80 animals and only a mere 15-20fps on a I7920 2.6GHz, 6GB RAM, Ubuntu 9.10 (Funnily enough runs a little better on Linux, even using wine)

There aren't many creatures in any of the undergrounds, most of any baddies would be in the funhouse...but if they are the source of this what can I do? I already practice very strict object management, atomsmashing almost everything i don't immediately need (including bones, gobbo clothes, stone clutter), and animal management (no female dogs, cats, only female cows). Should I slaughter all my dogs and start trying to wipe out the funhouse?

Is this how all good forts are destined to end?

darkflagrance:
Are temp and weather off? You can also try turning on partial print and setting to 15 or lower.

Also, see this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55810.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version