Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Damn you, Urist McRyoga, the pick is right there in front of you!  (Read 910 times)

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Incessant "cannot find path".  My corridors are all 5 tiles wide, but this is a reclaimed fort, so maybe the dorfs are trying to get at first-embark goods that've been scattered all over the map?  My wood stockpile is big enough to give the elves apoplexy, but I still get carpers "cannot find path"ing.

This a reclaim bug, a known bug, or something I'm doing screwy with orders/fort design?

(ETA - Half of the red messages are "item inaccessible", FWIW.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:55:06 am by melomel »
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damn you, Urist McRyoga, the pick is right there in front of you!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 04:05:43 am »

I think that this would only truly qualify as a McRyoga if the dwarf left the south edge of the map and wandered back in from the magma sea before finding the path.On the upside, he'd probably have defeated all the Clowns by mistake.

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:06:46 am »

When you reclaim, everything left behind will be forbidden (including materials used to build existing workshops - in the [t] menu) so unless you claimed them back your dwarves will ignore the things scattered across the map.

Which version are you using? There was a pathfinding bug in 0.31.01 and 0.31.02 that caused things like this.

Are your dwarves restricted to burrows or anything like that?

Locked or forbidden doors?

If it's not any of those then I can't think what it could be... might be worth reporting as a bug.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:08:16 pm »

Mongoose:  No burrows yet; I'm still struggling to get the farms going and the housing set up.  I have a few forbidden doors, but those only lead to the screw pumps and down to the water.  I'll try forbidding all the rock underwater just in case.

I'm using the first-available version of 2010, so that might be it.  If I bump up to the most recent one, will I be able to import the save?  Although...  I haven't unforbidden most of the first embark's leftovers, and I'm pretty sure some of the pathing complaints are about items the second group made/brought with them...

I think that this would only truly qualify as a McRyoga if the dwarf left the south edge of the map and wandered back in from the magma sea before finding the path.On the upside, he'd probably have defeated all the Clowns by mistake.

Yes, but on the downside, the immersion in magma would probably transform him into a kitten.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7