Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Do you think hell has too many demons? (SPOILERS!!!)  (Read 47995 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think hell has too many demons? (SPOILERS!!!)
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2010, 04:08:08 pm »

Does this forum have 300 members yet?
Look at the bottom of the forum index page.

Edit: On infinity:

Infinity isn't a state, nor is it a number. Infinity, in my definition, is every number which cannot be expressed using a regular system of numbers. With our number system, we can get high numbers. ([([(10^1000)^1000]^1000000)^100000000000000]^1000000000000000000000000000)! is still using a regularized system of numbers, even though it probably exceeds the number of atoms in the known universe (though not the number of sides of a circle). Infinity consists of numbers that are too big to comprehend normally. The scale of Cthulhu, etc. are infinite: truly beholding them drives us insane because infinity cannot be expressed regularly, so seeing it truly expressed regularly makes us go nuts. Infintesimal numbers are those that, with any form of rounding or approximation, come out to be zero, but are still greater than zero.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:15:24 pm by RedWarrior0 »

scira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2010, 09:16:18 pm »

Way back to the original question, Yes. Infinite demons is too many. Or otherwise their "flow" should be adjusted to something reasonably possible to manage both for the player and the computer. I read what it was like in 23a and that just doesn't sound like fun. Its the bad kind of guaranteed demise.
Demons should be another resource just like water, magma, or merpersons. Just don't start a 7 page argument on the definition of reasonably possible.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2010, 09:22:03 pm »

Demons are supposed to be tough. Imagine this as vanguard of an army on a divine scale.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2010, 09:39:51 pm »

Am I the only one who wants to BE the demons?

Urist McStalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the fortress. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Stokosh were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Urist was a miner for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the miners and he said to dad "I want to be on the miners daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the mining station fortress of the Abbeys of Knives he knew there were demons.
"This is Stokosh" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So John gotted his pick and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon--An enormous cockroach. It has red eyes and is grossly fat. Beware its poisonous gas!--and he fired the poisonous gas. John pickeded at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, John. You are the demons"
And then John was a skeletal dwarf.

Oh my god, so awesome.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Ghavrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2010, 11:52:07 pm »

Am I the only one who wants to BE the demons?

Urist McStalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the fortress. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Stokosh were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Urist was a miner for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the miners and he said to dad "I want to be on the miners daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the mining station fortress of the Abbeys of Knives he knew there were demons.
"This is Stokosh" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So John gotted his pick and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon--An enormous cockroach. It has red eyes and is grossly fat. Beware its poisonous gas!--and he fired the poisonous gas. John pickeded at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, John. You are the demons"
And then John was a skeletal dwarf.

Oh my god, so awesome.

I was wondering why this looked so familiar for a good ten seconds before I remembered writing it in the first place.  ::)
Ramps in DF are these sort of hyperdimensional monstrosities capable of allowing you to walk upwards in whatever direction seems plausible at the time
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]