Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: OutRage Anvil : The Last Of A Line *Image Heavy-Spoilered*  (Read 2476 times)

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
OutRage Anvil : The Last Of A Line *Image Heavy-Spoilered*
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:06:45 am »

This is my first serious Fort. Most of the time I mess about with water, magma and do other Dwarfy experiments, however when I generated a Fort with the name #Outrage Anvil# I knew I had to take it seriously. Lest Armok smite my dwarvenkind.

______________________________________________________________________________________

THE ENGRAVINGS OF ARMOK'S HAMMER
#1.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

#2.

#3.

#4.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Entry The First

The first port of call was to build the most impressive throne room possible, and so it starts:

The Hammer that strikes the Earth!

And soon after it in the same Throne room, A Giant Anvil will be constructed whereupon the Lord of the Fort shall have his seat.

This is also the same Fort which had a 3rd wave of migrants consisting of just Four Children Ages 4,1,6,1. They have been named and will become the Prophetic Four.

Their Lair is being prepared deep towards the depths of the Magma Sea... if the Miners can ever find it.

Entry The Second

My Engraver, Ezum Tangakatir; Seems to be obsessed with human Lore. Specifically the one telling of the tale of Kofi Equalcrypt. So far he has made 12 Engravings of Kofi and the Bears.
Also after a quick check in Legends it turns out that humans are rife in this world with only two Dwarven clans of one Civ, three renegade Elven castes, no goblins or orcs. The Humans also did alot of Surface Side taming like Kofi above.
The Other Dwarven Clan though has been taming Cavern Creatures a mere 100 years after establishing the parent Civ. And By Cavern Creatures I also mean the big ones... If I can find it again one Dwarf went and tamed a Blind Ogre. :-X

Ezum has finally started Engraving about Outrage's History. The first significant event? The Lost Four Children.
Armok is certainly with me tonight. Seven Engravings, all masterful pieces and all relate to The Canyon of Colours, Outrage Anvil.

Entry The Third

The Throne Room starts on section 2 of 9. In the end the throne room will consist of 9 sectioned areas divided by moat. The Centre section shall hold the Anvil of Outrage. At each compass point will be a Hammer of Armok.

Entry The Fourth

Sorry for the lack of updates, been too busy playing / managing my dwarves.

Had to lock up my Milker cause he went mad. Then my Gravekeeper did the same luckily I managed to build a whole metalsmithery including ashery and charcoal system for him.
Then we decided why not go the whole hog so we made Electrum for his metal bars. He made this:

Impressive at a value of 50k, but I was more expecting a weapon as he asked for logs too.
Oh and surprise surprise, yet another Expedition Leader died. This time it bugged the Expedition slot too. So no new nobles/reassigning for now. RIP Atis.

Just had an annoying thief pop in and out of my map waiting for an open gap in my Soldiers Patrol. One of them left to get some Plump Helmet Longland roast (Masterwork quality ofc.) and he nipped in and out with the only child that was born in the fort (excepting the four migrant children.). I got very annoyed and took some drastic measures.

3 Grizzlies, 1 Black bear and a wolf. All guarding the main entrance. And tame too so they wont harm Dwarves or friendlies :D

More coming tonight.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:24:46 am by Xzalander »
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OutRage Anvil : The Last Of A Line
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:09 am »

That's one nice looking throne room.
Keep us informed about the progress.

I too just decided to make a serious fort.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OutRage Anvil : The Last Of A Line
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 05:00:44 pm »

Mindmaker well best of Armok with yours, let me know if you tell the tale.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
Re: OutRage Anvil : The Last Of A Line *Image Heavy-Spoilered*
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »

* pushy glances towards the Stories forum *
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:43:41 am »

How can I move my thread?  ???

PotatoDaddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 10:10:48 am »

How can I move my thread?  ???

You can't a mod can, but I don't really know why Pushy suggested it. We get this stuff all the time in this forum...

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 10:44:19 am »

Updated. Update again tonight.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:23:16 am »

You actually can on your own by using the 'Move' button which I think is at the bottom of the page or nearabouts.

Cool fortress start! I love when forts follow themes like this. And I'm guessing it's a 0.31 fort as the RNG seems to have been fixed concerning names and so on.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 07:41:22 pm »

This is cool, but there's one thing. It's Peter, Susan, Lucy, and Edmund. Not Edward.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.