Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Expedition Leader/Former Mayor re-elected?  (Read 379 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Expedition Leader/Former Mayor re-elected?
« on: April 29, 2010, 01:16:04 pm »

Has anyone had their expedition leader lose the mayor spot, only to be re-elected to it later?  I'm fully willing to engineer some accidents if there's a chance that one of my original Seven can get back into that role :).

Gidoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expedition Leader/Former Mayor re-elected?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:23:18 pm »

My info's based on how it worked in 40d since I... uhh, haven't had a fort last long enough to get a mayor in 0.31 yet, but as I recall it's based on who has the most friends. If I had my expedition leader doing literally nothing and sitting at the meeting zone all the time, He'd generally stay mayor when that came around, but if he was off being busy as a Mason mass producing blocks and furniture, then it might swap to one of my farmers if they've been slacking a lot, just because the farmer is friends with more folks.

So you might try letting your ex-mayor chill a while without work and seeing if he can take the spot back with a thrilling political rally.

"My Fellow Dwarves! For too long we have lived under the oppressive regime of my opponent, but I tell you now, if you vote for me, everyone will get a bed! Everyone will have a seat in the grand hall! And everyone will get the same cold mushrooms and wine!"

"But we already have that..."

"Ah, but is it PROMISED?!"

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expedition Leader/Former Mayor re-elected?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:43:19 pm »

Urist Cleveland.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!