Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Online - Laurelin ( EU-RP )  (Read 4185 times)

Pathos

Re: Lord of the Rings Online - Laurelin ( EU-RP )
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 07:25:09 pm »

Music system example: Playing Ghostbuster's Themetune, Playing Freebird. I think Minstrels HAVE you use it in order to do their healing stuff.

Quote from: Guitar Hero 3(?)
They don't really want you to play "Freebird", they're just heckling you.
Actually, that sounds better than the orignal Freebird.

Mabinogi has a similar music system. You type a simple script using a Music Score(your Music Composition skill determine how long the song can be). Unfortunately, there's no group play, unless the players time it exactly right, and even then I'm not sure it works(since playing music shuts off the background, I'm not sure how two people playing works).

LotRO does it better, though.

I'm not certain of that! And, the pre-NGE SWG won out in terms of music, sad it's dead.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 07:56:08 pm »

Music system example: Playing Ghostbuster's Themetune, Playing Freebird. I think Minstrels HAVE you use it in order to do their healing stuff.

Quote from: Guitar Hero 3(?)
They don't really want you to play "Freebird", they're just heckling you.
Actually, that sounds better than the orignal Freebird.

Mabinogi has a similar music system. You type a simple script using a Music Score(your Music Composition skill determine how long the song can be). Unfortunately, there's no group play, unless the players time it exactly right, and even then I'm not sure it works(since playing music shuts off the background, I'm not sure how two people playing works).

LotRO does it better, though.
Also, best of all you can actually produce your own music. With music put into a simple numerical scheme anyone with a mind for patterns can produce some decent music.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 07:02:39 am »

did they ever add bagpipes? It was a rumor floating around when I was playing. I always envisioned making a hunter-killer group of dwarves followed by a 3-piece marching band
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 03:18:40 pm »

did they ever add bagpipes? It was a rumor floating around when I was playing. I always envisioned making a hunter-killer group of dwarves followed by a 3-piece marching band
Yeah, they sound very squeaky though, so they're considered rather annoying. Also, non-minstrels can learn every instrument, they just have to be taught.

Pathos

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 06:31:19 am »

Yeah, they sound very squeaky though, so they're considered rather annoying. Also, non-minstrels can learn every instrument, they just have to be taught.

Just like real bagpipes, then! Also, they put in an instrument called Moor Cowbell.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 10:45:15 am »

lol!
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 01:53:21 pm »

Alright.. This game doesn't work for me... I started it up and made my character, got past the first part of the tutorial and I'm in that little town..when I start playing for a while it suddenly freezes for a moment. When I press the keys to move my character I can hear it moving, but the graphics don't move and are frozen.

Does anyone know why or how I can fix it? I've tried installing updates for my graphics drivers and lowering the graphics settings but nothing has changed :\

Pathos

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 02:04:32 pm »

Alright.. This game doesn't work for me... I started it up and made my character, got past the first part of the tutorial and I'm in that little town..when I start playing for a while it suddenly freezes for a moment. When I press the keys to move my character I can hear it moving, but the graphics don't move and are frozen.

Does anyone know why or how I can fix it? I've tried installing updates for my graphics drivers and lowering the graphics settings but nothing has changed :\

Wait for a bit, my screen goes black sometimes and it's just the graphics buffering.

Oh, yeah, if you're on Laurelin EU, post your name so I can add you to friends.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:11:03 pm by Pathos »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 02:25:26 pm »

Blah..waited 20 minutes, didn't unfreeze.

I sorta went to the beginner worlds it suggested, do your characters transfer worlds..?

Pathos

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 02:33:39 pm »

Blah..waited 20 minutes, didn't unfreeze.

I sorta went to the beginner worlds it suggested, do your characters transfer worlds..?

Did you try alt tabbing in and out?

And nope, they don't. =/ Beginner / recommended worlds are the low pop ones, too.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 02:35:10 pm »

Yeah, I've tried alt-tabbing..doesn't help :(

I can make a new character, I didn't spend much time on this one anyway :P

Edit: Oh wait I'm an canadian player and Laurelin isn't a choice
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:36:42 pm by Jervous »

tangar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2020, 01:49:58 am »

Recently I've returned to LotRO after 10+ years break.. Aaand - I play at Laurelin  ;)

I started to play (and make video) in totally new (for me) perspective - to study and enjoy Tolkien's lore and exploring Middle-Earth without haste.

First adventures:
https://youtu.be/IRD_B2zq1Iw

Hope to see your feedback!
Pages: 1 [2]