Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 55046 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
!!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:42:11 am »

!!SPARKGEAR XI: Revenge of the birds!!
Greeting and welcome traveler, to the fortress of Sparkgear. You are no doubt weary from your long journeys, you are welcome to make yourself at home and enjoy our facilities. Ignore the screams of purest agony, that's probably just some dwarves getting horrible mutilated and tortured both physically and mentally or somesuch.

So yeah, turns are 24 hours realtime, they start and end midnight GMT. Don't dig out entire mountains since this leaves behind large amounts of stone that brings FPS to it's knees. Do not dig into hell (unless you really really want to) since this will also abuse the FPS in many hellish ways. Other than that enjoy yourself and let the good times roll.

CURRENT NEWS: This is deader than a very dead thing, go to Nahkh's game
Past News:
Modding complete, arena testing complete, don't know how they will hold up in a normal game but seem to do okay in arena. Genning complete, have embarked. I have completed my turn. Jimmy done. LordSlowpoke done. Matuin gave up apparently due to some disorganization that he complained about or something. Disorganization?! This. is. SPARKGEAR!! LordSlowpoke claimed the rest of Matuin's turn, then showed up late with the save that seems to be corrupted. Robocorn apparently was too much of a sissy to play Sparkgear. Choasseed actually got something done in the game, huzzah! Robocorn killed just about everyone. Samoraai didn't really play due to turn ending confusions and robocorn uploading the wrong save. Ironvanguard didn't really do much? Andreus skipped due to broken mining and reclaim crashing.

The modding isn't very drastic, the adding of some new plants and stones, two new civs to siege, not anything superpowerful, a few new monsters that will hopefully be challenging, etc. Credits go to genesis mod and civ forge for some of the bits though I added some myself as well and didn't take everything from their mods only some.

Embark area:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maps

Current Save

Turns, corresponds to dates in May:       Short Description of turn, from my viewpoint, I don't give scores:

• Me                                            Made all the basic fortressy stuff, lost some dwarves to the giant eagles, was awesome and oppressed the poor.
  • Jimmy                                        Complained a lot, renamed my dwarf (RAGE) started our military apparently.
  • LordSlowpoke                              Stole my apartments, my furniture, the clothes off of my back, my pride and my NAME!! RAGE !!Hospital is now a villa?(WTF?!)
  • MatuinLordSlowpoke(Again)           Matuin gave up like the little girl that he is. LordSlowpoke seems to have cast some sort of curse over the place.
  • Lord Shonus                               Supposedly the save kept getting corrupted or something, excuses excuses.
  • Robocorn                                    Apparently he let a giant blue spider get in a kill everyone or something.
  • Chaoseed                                   Actually got some stuff done! Yay! :D
  • Robocorn                                    This has earned My seal of approval
  • Samoorai                                    Didn't do anything! Boo!
  • IronVanguard                              Did something(though not much), yay!
  • AndreusLordSlowpoke                   The dwarves won't mine and the game crashes if he reclaims, aw!
  • Ultimate Carl                               He has made a new fort for the survivors of the forgotten beast onslaught
  • Moontayle                                  Was ordered to kill the fortress, he did his duty.
  • Flaede
  • LordSlowpoke
  • nahkh
  • Ultimate Carl
  • Max White
  • Barbarossa the Seal God
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 05:42:33 am by Demonic Spoon »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI!! Revenge of the birds
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 10:46:25 am »

Turn 5. Maybe it'll be before the time when all Sparkgears end up... just the way they do.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:24:13 pm »

I'll take turn 4. I want to mess up the fortress just enough to give Slowpoke some Fun. =P

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 03:41:36 pm »

Ohohohohoho no. I will give you some Fun.
Can I get moved to turn 3?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:19:19 pm »

I'll take either the third, or Lord Slowpoke's current turn, depending on what Spoon decides.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:53:48 pm by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 05:20:09 pm »

Is that... Fear? =3

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 05:20:59 pm »

Sign me up for the soonest slot.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 05:22:01 pm »

Is that... Fear? =3
I'm not gonna put up with some obvious screwups that will cost me another day of killing goblins and making elaborate doom devices when I have DWARF SCIENCE going on.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 05:22:33 pm »

wish i could but the merge isn't till soon.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 05:32:33 pm »

I can be number 3
shouldn't be too hard to get ti done by midnight

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 06:55:33 pm »

Give me the earliest slot that's still open.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 07:52:44 pm »

I'll take the 7th.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 08:45:04 pm »

Can I sign up for earlyist that's open?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 10:58:49 pm »

Posting so I can follow the thread religiously...

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:58 pm »

Mark me down for 8.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25