Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 55109 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2010, 01:44:51 pm »

...well this was not totally unexpected I must admit. Reclaim anyone?

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2010, 01:47:57 pm »

Hmm, I wonder if I would have fared any better.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2010, 01:49:10 pm »

Probably, robot unicorn seems determined on killing everybody.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2010, 01:51:45 pm »

Its still going, I'm just gonna take an hour off. Then turn your room into a burrow and send all survivors in there to eat your food until something finally happens.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2010, 01:57:02 pm »

...why do you guys hate me? Is it the monocle? Monocle envy? Is that it?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2010, 02:05:02 pm »

I don't hate you Elfie  :(
I never even got dorfed by myself

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2010, 02:10:17 pm »

Really? What happenend to this then?

I'll name the only working dorf after myself

A unicorn made of water! How the hell am I going to kill a water unicorn with three competent wrestlers. It's almost as if everything is out to kill me. His name is gareth an he's not comin' in here. Until my pension is due.

And lol, I missed this bit, hehe, hilarious, it's like we are a magnet for all of the silliest creatures in existance.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2010, 02:14:54 pm »

Really? What happenend to this then?
I'll name the only working dorf after myself
Decided against it when said dorf build himself out into the wilderness and died of starvation.

Yeah, Gareth and fairy spider are living on monster island because they refuse to path into the fortress. I never did get those adamantine breastplates.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »

In this new sparkgears we'll have to live off of the ten years worth of stockpiled food, and not open the door for the purple dinosaur below or the fairy spider.

*BAM BAM BAM* "Open up, dwarves..." *BAM BAM BAM* "C'mon, let's all sing together..." *BAM BAM BAM* "I love you, you love me..."
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2010, 05:34:26 pm »

Mission Impossible Theme

Operation Alpha
  • Open the Got-Dang Door
  • Break into Elfie's grand room
  • wall it up.
  • Hope that the fall caravan or the invaders can kill off the purple dinosaur

The only alternative is to die and reclaim, I rally don't want to be that guy who kills off the whole fortress of 66 dorfs.

I want to be the guy who leaves a fortress containing 3 dorfs held up in a stalemate surrounded by inhuman monstrocities. I think I'm beginning to understand Sparkgear.

In an amazing ironic twist. The door never opened and the purple dinosaur followed a weaver into Elfies room before being sealed in itself.

Summer has come and a human caravan, a hobgoblin caravan, and a brigade of sand raiders, and two goddamn goblin ambushes have all arrived to Sparkgear, I'm not letting them in, They can go straight to the circus for all I care.

Well, things almost seem to be returning to order, as in, life is not ending constantly. I've dorfed myself as a one year old dorfling  who does nothing but break things and claim the possessions of the dead.

In autumn, only a few months after the massacre, some dorfs have already stopped being miserable, they still complain about food and drink (which is ludicrous if you know how much LordSlowPoke produced) but the chance of insanity has dropped. I bet you jerks thought I would wreck everything. Wrong. I just killed 80% of the population.

I'm naming some babies after Demonic Spoon and Lordslowpoke for no apparent reason.

FIFTH FORGOTTEN BEAST
A big hairy ant. goddammit
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:03:38 pm by Robocorn »

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »

Figured I might as well let you guys know, just started a community fort kind-of-thing. By the name of Deepspark. Looks like hell, so far.

EDIT: Yeah, just had a murder, and it's not even autumn yet.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:12:01 pm by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2010, 07:31:36 pm »

This is delightfully entertaining.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2010, 08:18:22 pm »

Robocorn, you are truly a brother in arms. I can't wait to bring more insanity when my turn comes around.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2010, 09:01:52 pm »

Tried to bring one of our fuctioning dorf's wifes from the lair of the pink beast only to discover  that she was stricken with melancholy and would never release the child she is carrying. I'll have to hole up that wall I opened for her.

The stupid friggin ant is blasting its way through all of the floor hatches at an alarming rate. I've set the dorfs to hide in the room with all the food where the double forbidden doors and sufficient distance should interfere with its pathing, boy I wish I had some zombie eagles right now...

Predictably, we attracted no migrants this season.

Unable to use its clairvoyance to see the three remaining sane dorfs. The giant ant stops dead in its tracks on the stairwell, locking the remaining dorfs on the upper levels of the fortress with easily a century's worth of food and booze for a party of their size but no beds. Insanity is my biggest problem now, but when hasn't it been?

It's come to this, just two adult dwarves, my avatar a child who helps with harvesting crops, and Lordslowpoke's baby self abandoned and ready to die from thirst. This is truly the essence of dwarf fortress.

I'm going to collect a pick from the weapons stockpile I haphazardly threw together on one of the upper levels to dig down to the room with the chests, from there I'll be able to acquire rooms for the remaining dorfs.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:31:42 pm by Robocorn »

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2010, 09:23:47 pm »

Tuesday's going to roll around and I'm not going to have a fort to govern, am I?  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25