Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 54612 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2010, 09:33:31 pm »

Tuesday's going to roll around and I'm not going to have a fort to govern, am I?  ;)

You'll have some babies at least.

Dwarf fortress babies...

For some reason or other, even though I have designated him a miner and assigned him a pick and assigned a place to be dug, my weaver refuses to do any mining, I'll have some of the dorfs engraving pictures of the massacre throughout Sparkgear until the dwarven caravan arrives and I can give them boatloads of crap in exchange for weaponry and equipment.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:51:40 pm by Robocorn »

PotatoDaddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2010, 09:47:43 pm »

You'll have some babies at least.

Dwarf fortress babies...

Since I'm going to be on the netbook for a while does anyone mind shopping the Dwarf face onto a pic of muppet babies?

Also Sparkgear is epic as usual.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2010, 10:03:31 pm »

Lordslowpoke Jr. has died from thirst having been abandoned by his mother, the other dorfs don't even bat an eye and remain content in their survival, Demonic Spoon Jr. Is safely on his mothers back as she engraves inane objects that have no relevence to the amazing and horrifying sights she has seen.

Lil' Robocorn is getting a bunch of pathing errors every time he tries to loot a corpse.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2010, 10:07:06 pm »

Lil' Robocorn is getting a bunch of pathing errors every time he tries to loot a corpse.

Should I sig this? I should sig this, shouldn't I?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2010, 10:16:18 pm »

The giant fuzzy ant stirred and I scrambled the dorfs, then it returned to relative peace. I hope it picks a fight with the purple dinosaur, if it so much as notices the dorfs we're dead, Dead.

In another note, I only have one hour left, hope you guys enjoy living in constant fear.  ;)

Gah, the beast has approached even more, apparently they can easily path through a single object with their buildingdestroyer but they have difficulty pathing through two juxtaposed objects. I further news, Blue Fairy spider has joined furry ant in the stairway standoff. Here's hoping they duke it out.

I see, a child in the lower levels that was once an abandoned baby has been attracting the attention of the beasts. hopefully he'll die of dehydration before he calls any more attention to the continued existence of dorfs in Sparkgear.

A caravan comes but I can't open the door. despite there being a pile of mechanisms in the same room, I'm not allowed to make a lever with them and jerry-rig the drawbridge down. They're not forbidden I just can't use them, and the levers are all located down too close to the beasts for comfort, guess we'll have to let the eagles get them.

The beasts got up to the meeting area and killed the dwarf child, they then began to wreck the place, they show no signs of knowing of the existence of the four active dwarves in the upper levels.

Some battle containing enough ambushers to qualify as a seige happened outside while the caravan got clobbered. This was of no concern to us, we were to preoccupied not being slaughtered. You know what would have been great, if we could let the beast out without having them go through the whole fortress, this stairwell thing is terrible for defense against anything but invading armies, is that what they were expecting? This isn't the same Dwarf fortress you played last year. this is DWARF FORTRESS 31.03!

To put it accurately, there are 79 total invaders outside, and I would rather they face the blue fairy spider and the hairy ant then me.

Final Thoughts
This was great, I always thought this is what a secession game should be. I've let absolutely everyone of importance die, I'm trapped with no less than four unearthly killing machines, half the population are children, and to top it all off, I won for the day. I lived and now the insanity belongs to someone else.

Uploading the save as I write this.
Note: Pathing errors keep us alive but lower the framerate, I get around 20FPS and My computer runs DF really well. You may have to modify your settings or use an accellerator to be able to play it at bearable speeds.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:26:16 am by Robocorn »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2010, 11:22:08 pm »

I actually lol'd. This is possibly better than Boatmurdered. It's like that time in Headshoots when a Giant Desert Scorpion was barricaded in the Queen's tomb.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:30:19 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:39 am »

I believe I have exactly the picture for this, now where did I put it, ah here it is.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2010, 12:12:03 am »

Did I do good? I thought from two days ago that massive death might not be a good thing. :o

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2010, 12:13:45 am »

I don't know about massive death but hilarious death is a good thing. The only thing I really forbid is murdering the fps.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2010, 12:19:50 am »

I don't know about massive death but hilarious death is a good thing. The only thing I really forbid is murdering the fps.
Sorry about that, when the forgotten beast showed up the framerate was cut in half and never fully recovered. It was 25 on my computer with all the bells and whistles. (temperature, weather) but with a few cutbacks it hopefully won't harm anyone else's experience too much.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2010, 01:50:45 am »

K, grabbing the save now. I can already sense that this is going to be a Fun filled turn.

Okay, that's obviously the wrong save file. There's over 50 people alive! I was hoping for the unintentional hermit challenge!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:09:29 am by Samoorai »
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2010, 03:12:10 am »

Robocorn, you have successfully turned this pile of madness into a steaming pile of madness that outclasses even the most insane stories DF produced.
I salute you.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2010, 03:21:09 am »

K, grabbing the save now. I can already sense that this is going to be a Fun filled turn.

Okay, that's obviously the wrong save file. There's over 50 people alive! I was hoping for the unintentional hermit challenge!

Oh dear, I thought he might just have been high and hallucinating everything.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2010, 03:33:11 am »

Oh my god. This is fucking hilarious :D
Sign me up for the next available round.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2010, 03:34:16 am »

Added.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25