Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assorted musical demos and songs.  (Read 1487 times)

scrittah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Bandcamp (DJ G-RAM)
Assorted musical demos and songs.
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:00:39 pm »

I'll just cut to the chase.

http://djgram.bandcamp.com

Please, I'd love critique on anything that's in there, as general or specific as you can offer. This is something I'd really like to refine. Thanks.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Assorted musical demos and songs.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:27:50 pm »

I'll just cut to the chase.

http://djgram.bandcamp.com

Please, I'd love critique on anything that's in there, as general or specific as you can offer. This is something I'd really like to refine. Thanks.
All pretty good, though the last 2 sound the best in my opinion. The minimalist just seemed like a single loop through so much of it that people will lose interest, while 1 and 2 just didn't seem right.

You ever heard of the flash bulb? I think you'd like him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1IgRyFFus&feature=related

what software you using anyways?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:37:32 pm by piecewise »

scrittah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Bandcamp (DJ G-RAM)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 08:25:07 pm »

I'm using FL Studio.

And yeah, that's kind of what I was expecting. Those are all in order of completion, and there was a good month or so gap between the first two tracks and the rest. The minimalist track, also, was partly just screwing around with ambient sounds - until I got bored (read: very quickly). Literally took me about 15 minutes to make  ::). Thanks for the feed back.

And The Flashbulb was pretty cool - I just clicked around to some of his other tracks on YouTube, and he's got a pretty eclectic style, which is always a plus. Neat stuff.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:43:32 pm »

I'm using FL Studio.

And yeah, that's kind of what I was expecting. Those are all in order of completion, and there was a good month or so gap between the first two tracks and the rest. The minimalist track, also, was partly just screwing around with ambient sounds - until I got bored (read: very quickly). Literally took me about 15 minutes to make  ::). Thanks for the feed back.

And The Flashbulb was pretty cool - I just clicked around to some of his other tracks on YouTube, and he's got a pretty eclectic style, which is always a plus. Neat stuff.
Yeah, Benn, guy who does the flashbulb, is bi-polar so his stuff is rather interesting as he flips between manic and depressive.
I'm sure you've heard of them but "The American dollar" is also another good one.

scrittah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Bandcamp (DJ G-RAM)
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:39:59 pm »

I haven't, actually, but I'll look 'em up (in the A.M., now, it's bedtime).

scrittah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Bandcamp (DJ G-RAM)
Re: Assorted musical demos and songs. <BUMP/UPDATE>
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 03:01:42 pm »

UPDATE: 6/24/10

Yet another bump, and four more tracks. Volcano Jazz, a semi-botched attempt at fusing jazz and DnB, Interstellar Highway, a spacey track that started as trance and turned into something else, Flowing River, an attempt at harder trance that I probably won't complete due to mastering issues, and E-e-e-e-echo!?, a trip-hop-ish track. I'd especially like critique on Interstellar Highway and E-e-e-e-echo!?

Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:03:59 pm by scrittah »