Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: demons and angry mobs  (Read 1319 times)

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
demons and angry mobs
« on: May 05, 2010, 07:13:31 pm »

So my adventure got a bounty for the local demon in town and i decided to kill it.

then as i walked back i was attacked by a angry mob consisting of the whole town and died of lag (took to long to kill them all).

any ideas on how to get around this not including killing every one?
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: demons and angry mobs
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »

Wait patiently until adventuring is updated? Really, there is no way around having the entire town attack you for petty crimes like killing the physical incarnation of their god.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »

It's one of those love/hate relationships.Yeah they tell people theres a reward to kill  that demon posing as their god,but they don't think anyone would actually attempt it.*insert demon here* is actually a great guy,once you get to know him.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:16:33 am »

wouldnt it work if you burned that demon with a sock? I dont think that humans will attack you then and the quest giver doesnt care who killed the demon as long as it is dead

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 10:30:03 am »

wouldnt it work if you burned that demon with a sock? I dont think that humans will attack you then and the quest giver doesnt care who killed the demon as long as it is dead
Demons are immune to fire...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:56:16 am »

Wait patiently until adventuring is updated? Really, there is no way around having the entire town attack you for petty crimes like killing the physical incarnation of their god.
there is one way.
but it takes using fort mode... and traps mostly a cave in would do(getting a friendly creature who can fly to stand still is a challenge that makes killing it worth it). if you are lazy just get some Hacks and incase the demon in rock/ice warlord don't care about you personally killing the thing just the thing death. now it may lose some cred in legendary mode but it at least saves you the trouble of wiping out the last human town for a quest.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 11:41:57 am »

So, yeah.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 01:28:01 pm »

After you killed the demon, the quest giver actually realised it was his farther, after falling on his knees shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" he vowed revenge...
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 02:25:04 pm »

After you killed the demon, the quest giver actually realised it was his farther, after falling on his knees shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" he vowed revenge...
did he look in the mirror and see he had his snout or that he looks nothing like the people that elected him? Really makes those diplomat demons you see around DF a whole new story.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes