Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Runescape  (Read 2879 times)

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Runescape
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 07:38:44 am »

I remember Runescape. I quit around the time they put in the quest point based trading.

It was a real shame, too. Some of the minigames on there were really addictive. Like one where you got on this boat, and went to a beach and there were demonic portals and stuff.

It was really fun when I managed to get everyone quoting Saving Private Ryan during one game.

And Castle Wars was fun. Especially the bunny chasing conga lines and the sheep marching in columns.

I remember being like, level 30, and camping the main gate with a repair kit and a load of barricades.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 08:25:01 am »

I remember Runescape. I quit around the time they put in the quest point based trading.

It was a real shame, too. Some of the minigames on there were really addictive. Like one where you got on this boat, and went to a beach and there were demonic portals and stuff.

It was really fun when I managed to get everyone quoting Saving Private Ryan during one game.

And Castle Wars was fun. Especially the bunny chasing conga lines and the sheep marching in columns.

I remember being like, level 30, and camping the main gate with a repair kit and a load of barricades.
I remember that minigame! I don't think I ever won actually.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 05:37:00 pm »

I have resently gone back to runescape but the only thing I come on for is This new 'skill' called dugeoneering that was actually kind of fun to do. Other than that I leave it alone as everything else is pretty much sad for me now.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 11:28:57 am »

I got to level 100... >.>

Way to much of a grindfest for me though,  I went to guildwars originally after quitting RS and that game has like no grind compared to RS and completely destroyed my ability to get anywhere on RS...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 12:17:07 pm »

Good old RS, I sold all my stuff in it for a chocolate bar. I still think I got the better of that deal. I ground my way up to level 70 and about 1200 total I think, I went to log on and check but apparently it's download now so bugger that for a lark. I used to wake up at about 6 in the morning to play it before going to school so it would be quiet. Then I got member and spent a lot of time law running, I'd impress the newbs on free servers by using telekinetic grab to pick up stuff from the bank vault, it wasn't worth much just some gold bars and jewellery but it got my magic up.

Like Rilder I went to Guild Wars afterwards and was amazed when I went back at the amount of grinding.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Level_8_Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 01:26:21 am »

I used to play this too, started back in the days of classic, I quit it a few years back though.

Pathos

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:07 am »

I got to level 100... >.>

Way to much of a grindfest for me though,  I went to guildwars originally after quitting RS and that game has like no grind compared to RS and completely destroyed my ability to get anywhere on RS...

People usually quit Runescape after playing another game, simply because of this. That's why Jagex censors the names of it's competitors in chat.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 12:53:01 pm »

I remember playing a long time ago and trying to grind up my mining and blacksmithing skills to make decent armor. I got up to iron platemail before I needed ore that I couldn't get in the low level area, and the area that had what I needed was full of level 21 hostile monsters (that seemed to ignore the other miners) that kept attacking me.

Didn't feel like grinding mobs, so I left.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 01:05:04 pm »

Hrm, this dungeoneering thing looks interesting. I might try it if I get the time. Time to dust off the old account.
Just gonna look at it, try it a bit, ditch it and go play with my friends on Call of Duty World at War.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:19:07 pm by Phantom »
Pages: 1 [2]