Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spellcaster  (Read 1438 times)

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spellcaster
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:15:24 pm »

This is a game I found a few years ago and remembered last week, and now I'm coming to tell you all about it :D.

This is the link where the rules for the game is http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/gc00/reviews/spellcaster.html
Personally I'm really interested in playing it again, so tell me if you are interested too.
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcaster
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:25:43 pm »

When I was a kid, we couldn't even agree on whether or not someone had just been shot.

Somehow, I doubt this would work out.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 04:21:47 pm »

I'm pretty sure there are other threads about it. Including online servers you can duel in using those rules.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:36:43 pm »

Um, it's called Warlocks too, and Firetop Mountain in some places. I will gladly play you!
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:57:33 pm »

This system intrigues me... It's getting me to think about ways to create balanced custom spells as well.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 07:38:59 pm »

Either GodWars 2 or another MUD had something very similar to this implemented for its casting system.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:23:51 am »

That warlocks page looks cool. But I don't really like that the turns seems to be several days long, and I really prefer faster play than that.
For the purpose of playing fast I set up an etherpad.
Games will need to be arranged though, not sure if that would work much better than playing slow.
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 07:06:09 am »

I cast a spell of fireball upon thee knave!