Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Theoretical Megaconstruction: Fist of Armok

(1/1)

IronVanguard:
The first step here is, as the name implies, make a giant fist that's pointing downwards, at the earth. As big as possible. Perhaps carve it out of a mountain. Keep it up on a system of supports.

Second, make floors inside it. Fill this with as much booze (and anything else you want, but mainly booze). Possibly some floors of magma, but be careful because you might set the booze off early. Maybe use a buffer layer. Build an open-topped floor above the fist, where the wrist would be, with fortifications. Make it a barracks. Maybe add some dangerous animals in cages.

Third, dig out a hole directly beneath it, big enough for it to travel down, all the way down. Once you hit the magma sea, find a way through it. Probably use water to make it obsidian, dig down, repeat. Stop just short of hell.

Fourth, once you're ready, add your finishing touches, such as adamantine knuckles. Station as many strong soldiers as you can in the barracks on top.

Fifth and finally, break the supports, and let the demons know the crushing, explosive might of ARMOK.

Theoretical because I do not posses nearly enough dwarfy expertise and experience to make such a monument.

LordSlowpoke:
Semi-molten rock is unaffected by cave-ins.
G'day sir.

Broadsword:
Seems such a waist to use that on hell anyways. I would rather just show it off to my elf friends.

Do you guys think it would be possible to use caged magma men or similar instead of magma? I could link the cages to the same levers as the support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version