Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moddig question: Webs [Solved]  (Read 1508 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Moddig question: Webs [Solved]
« on: October 03, 2010, 06:57:03 pm »

Hey, i had an idea for a race, that would be able to be fortress mode playable, i know how to do that, but what i am unsure of is how they would work with an idea i have. In essence, i want them to be able to shoot webs at their enemies. i intend this race to be able to have a chance against the tougher races, such as Orcs and so forth.

My question is, would a race that has the ability to shoot webs be able to do so with wielding weapons?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:48:27 pm by Riversand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Moddig question: Webs
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »

They will do it. Just give them the WEBBER and THICKWEB tokens, and don't forget WEBIMMUNE :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Moddig question: Webs
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 07:27:28 pm »

Thank you Deon. I was about to download your mod as well... looks like your gloomers would be the most likely to have a chance against my critters. *Grin* and yes, i am making it compatible with your Genesis mod.

Edit: I will be sure to pm you a link to the thread and downloads for my mod when i am satisfied with it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 07:30:11 pm by Riversand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
Re: Moddig question: Webs [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 02:35:15 am »

Hey, I'm wondering, can creatures still spin large webs like GCS used to do, and if so, can they walk on them?
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 03:20:42 am »

As I said earlier.

THICKWEB - large webs.
WEBIMMUNE - ignore webs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 03:59:11 pm »

Mutated Dwarf silk web interesting....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 09:21:56 pm »

In 40d GCS would start out in chasms with itself and it's webs invisible. The web it showed up with was a large number of small web units arranged in several lines looking like a much larger web. They still obviously shot webbing at things near them but I think they could walk out on their original web even if it crossed out into otherwise open space.

Nothing like this is present in DF 2010 as far as I am aware. You just get some random clusters of webs when you embark on biomes with spiders.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.