Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: My Magma! something is stealing my Magma!!!  (Read 31423 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: My Magma! something is stealing my Magma!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010, 12:06:33 pm »

Damn elves stealing all the magma.
*Pictures an elf cackling to himself as he hauls a dripping blob of molten magma away from your fortress in his bare hands*
*Wishes he could draw*

?

EPIC

Also, this art should be posted in every thread where someone asks why people hate elves.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2010, 03:35:53 pm »

If flooring over the magma sea doesn't work out, one of the DFhack tools can generate magma, water, and obsidian walls. You could always use that to patch up the gap and refill the sea if you need to.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2010, 08:44:05 pm »

If flooring over the magma sea doesn't work out, one of the DFhack tools can generate magma, water, and obsidian walls. You could always use that to patch up the gap and refill the sea if you need to.

You don't need DFGack for this. Just make an aqueduct to pour water on the spot where hell opens up. In theory, it should work. The water forms obsidian blocks that pummel hell until it gets low enough that an actual seal is made. When the seal is made, you have poked your finger right in hell's eye. It should seal before hell opens I think.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

weulitus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2010, 08:47:34 am »

You don't need DFGack for this. Just make an aqueduct to pour water on the spot where hell opens up. In theory, it should work. The water forms obsidian blocks that pummel hell until it gets low enough that an actual seal is made. When the seal is made, you have poked your finger right in hell's eye. It should seal before hell opens I think.

Not sure if that would work - the results on the submagmamarine thread seem to indicate that the obsidian will be destroyed on impact with the SMR - or in the case of hell be lost in the pits.
"You'll be pausing to check what that little ~ means every 5 seconds for a while, but before you know it you'll be reading a screenshot of Dwarf Fortress like the guys in the Matrix decipher that green crap that scrolls down their screens."
quoted from Dr.Jonez on the Gamerswithjobs Forum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]