Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Warhammer 40,000 Mod (With Tyranids)  (Read 8500 times)

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40,000 Mod (With Tyranids)
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 08:38:26 am »

The presence of tyranids increases the probability for space marines to step on a given planet by around 10000%. Warhammer runs on the Rule of Cool anyway, therefore everyone can fight everything else and the fluff will somehow bend to make it fit. The Warp did it.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

stolide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 10:01:36 am »

Spelling... Bah. I'll fix it. :P

Thanks for all that body nonsense. It always is something I struggle with when modding this game.

Also, I am running, and modding, 31.25. Why would you think that I am using 40d?
Under the somber sleep of stones, a star is snuffed by a candle.

As Urist McKant Said, "I must act according to the maxim such that I can will that maxim to destroy everything beloved to me at the flip of a lever."

IcarusOne

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 02:01:07 pm »

Please make orks at least playable in adventure mode, i'd love being a brutally kunnin Swordork with a preference for the color red, Menacing spikes and slaughter.
And like dorfs, they reproduce by spores!

Henri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 07:00:38 am »

I can't wait for someone to code the orks in, I just wanna add them to my regular game already.
Should also give them a reaction to paint stuff red, and make it go faster :D.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:01:34 am by Henri »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 08:53:39 am »

Yoo gotsda spellit rite. Dems de Orkz, goddit boy?

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 11:37:13 am »

Ah, and I DEMAND a commissar for justice, weapon: Bolt/Plasma Pistol and Power Sword. "Where's my adamantine weapon rack? YOU FAILED THE EMPEROR FOR THE LAST TIME!" *BLAM*
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 03:51:19 pm »

We have to mod the human speeches of 'Prepare to die!' to 'Kill the mutant! Burn the heretic! Purge the unclean!'
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Henri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 08:31:14 am »

Me boss? Ye I goddit.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 08:29:49 am »

Ah, and I DEMAND a commissar for justice, weapon: Bolt/Plasma Pistol and Power Sword. "Where's my adamantine weapon rack? YOU FAILED THE EMPEROR FOR THE LAST TIME!" *BLAM*

Use the hammerer as a starting point, set it to be chosen by the player, and bam. Problem is he might bash people in with his bolt pistol instead of shooting them....
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:17 am »

Now one thing that is insanely good about using 31 as opposed to 40d is that with castes, you can now have an imperial faction with imp guard AND space marines. Orkz will also be enhanced, with most spawnings (might have to make them egg layers?) producing boyz, but some produce the special gitz.

Necrons will also be good with the next update. Maybe be able to turn people into other necrons (pariahs?) as well as having several tomb spyders using 'necromancy' to make more necrons. Would be even better if they could be turned into the HFS.

So ideas.

Tau and Eldar take the place of the elves. Trade same seasons, tell you to do things and get angry if you don't. Imperial factions trade two seasons maybe? Dark Eldar take place of kobolds, maybe make them convert night spouses.

Custom workshops for Imperium definitely, but most especially one to turn ALL body parts into meat (soylens viridiens), remove artifacts.

Now if you do go the idea of having the Imperial forces be multiple groups at one time, I would suggest that you use different caste professions for each. This was something I didn't know was possible until I posted on the forum, but you might have a better idea of how to mod than I did :P

When siege engines get updated, they would be really useful for heavy weapon's teams, but maybe for now have one weapon skill for small arms and one for heavy weapons.

Edit: I would like to point out that I was making my own 40k mod, and I too started with the tyranids. Simply because they are the most challenging to mod it and anything after would be easy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:51:04 am by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 11:33:07 am »

space marines are geneticaly reengineered people (they choose some very good individuals, train them and then implement additional organs, gladnds etc.)

also: the real reason i'm looking forward to this mod is:

CHAINSWORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 12:00:10 pm »

Are you going to make a 1000 space marine limit per chapter (civilization)?  (can you?)
I can start experimenting with it now, but I usually get bored and play another game after about an hour or so of modding due to failure. 
I have an Idea that a space marine company (100 space marines with comander noble) can inhabit a fort and their civilians can live in towns.
Im off to mod!

Edit:wrong thread (I had mutiple open)   :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:43:42 pm by alamoes »
Pages: 1 2 [3]