Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modding out bugs/annoyances  (Read 2970 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Modding out bugs/annoyances
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »

Okay, so here's what's going on:

* TOOL_BAR, LOG_BAR, and STONE_BAR should be working just fine. Non-INORGANIC bars aren't actually named "bars" (to avoid stuff like "ash bars", "potash bars", "pearlash bars", "coke bars", or "charcoal bars"), but they're still bars.
* LOG_BAR2 is completely invalid, since it tries to produce an item made of the non-existent material "WOOD:NONE" (and is why it's complaining about "unrecognized material token") - if you want to make something out of wood, you must use PLANT_MAT:TREE_ID:WOOD as the material; it is not possible to choose a random material.
* STONE_BAR2 is also invalid, since there's no such material as "BOULDER" (and again, "unrecognized material token"). If you want to make a specific stone or metal, then you use "INORGANIC:MATERIAL_ID" (e.g. GRANITE or STEEL); as above, random material selection is not possible in reaction products.
* LOG_BAR3, continuing the pattern, is invalid - the material should be PLANT_MAT:TOWER_CAP:WOOD.
* STONE_BAR3, you get the idea - the material be INORGANIC:GRANITE.

I just tried your TOOL_BAR reaction in Arena mode, and it worked just fine with stone, metal, wood, glass, and even silk.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:14:12 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

nutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »

Wow. What a stupid couple of mistakes.
I guess I didn't follow through with my efforts to recreate the results without using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT, but that wasn't really important

I am a little confused by your comments
By "working fine" do you mean making nonexistent bars?---i.e., making the "tower cap" and "granite bar" bars?
Did you ever get ash from any of your tests?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 01:58:04 pm »

By "working fine" do you mean making nonexistent bars?---i.e., making the "tower cap" and "granite bar" bars?
Yes - they're still bars, just not explicitly named as such (in the case of wood, anyways - stone bars still get named because they are INORGANIC mats).

Did you ever get ash from any of your tests?
No.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

nutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »

...they're still bars, just not explicitly named as such...

I must have used a tool like an ashen hive or something and gotten confused by that

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 12:27:57 am »

* TOOL_BAR, LOG_BAR, and STONE_BAR should be working just fine. Non-INORGANIC bars aren't actually named "bars" (to avoid stuff like "ash bars", "potash bars", "pearlash bars", "coke bars", or "charcoal bars"), but they're still bars.
Just what I need. Awesome.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.
Pages: 1 [2]