Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should the leader of the Automatons be made of?

Platinum
Diamond
Platinum bones and Diamond tissue

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Automaton Fortress (2.0)  (Read 26254 times)

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton Fortress (2.0)
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2012, 10:56:03 pm »

Yeah thats the main problem: It wont work with worldgen
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2012, 04:29:50 pm »

I notcied that you wanted to have the epic automatons be the leaders?

I can help you with that. The nobles sytem does have a creature class token. This is similar to syndromes. Most of the creatures in DF (Dwarves, elves, humans, domestics, most 'natural' creatures etc.) have a creature class of GENERAL_POISON.

In the creatures raw file, simply add a class AUTOMATON_NOBLE or something similar. Then, in the nobles section of the entity raw, restrict the position to only members of that class. (It was something like ALLOWED_CLASS or something, I cant remember.)

NOTE: This wont restrict noble appointments during worldgen, but it WILL restrict noble appointments during Fortress Mode.

I used the same trick in my CivMod to restrict some noble positions to a specific caste.

I've played around with that quite a bit when I created this and, to my knowledge, there is currently still no way to accomplish this. It would be cool if it was possible though.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2012, 02:45:57 am »

k, my two cents. alrighty then, love the mod! love the automatons! I started trying to make a "Warforged" race but to no avail (limited modding abilities led to metal skin with squishy organs, not arcane inner workings like I wanted).

I decided to look here in the forums and found these metallic jewels!!! spliced them into the raws, generated a world and huzzah! working automatons!

after playing a week or two i've noticed a few tweeks might be in order. First off, Automaton specific equipment. why does a copper automaton need a copper breastplate for armor? why not Enhanced copper ablative plating? the armor fits onto "module" slots instead of a suit...nifty right?

instead of cloths or armor and such, simply modifications to the "naked" automatons?

apart from the armor I love this! magma pistons will be forged from solid steel in your honor!

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2012, 08:37:45 pm »

Great ideas! I'm going to do something about them if I ever can figure out this fuel sack specific food reaction thing!

EDIT: Uploading version 3.0 now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:12:08 pm by Putnam »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2012, 01:34:14 am »

Released, testing crap removed, go time.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2012, 08:29:56 pm »

K, haven't got too look at the release, but idea for future...more elaborate caste system? Something like copper/brass(low artisan/bronze(low warrior)/iron(mid warrior)/silver(mid.artisan)/gold(highartisan)/steel(highwarrior)/platinum(ultimate artisan)/admantium(ultimate warrior)/diamond (ultimate automaton)

Sound right?

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2012, 06:22:02 pm »

Uh--should I make a new topic for this?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution