Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should the leader of the Automatons be made of?

Platinum
Diamond
Platinum bones and Diamond tissue

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Automaton Fortress (2.0)  (Read 26252 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton Fortress (Brainstorming Phase, please post your ideas)
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 09:08:59 pm »

Those are good ideas. I'll start with the building offspring one. Impossible. I named the offspring Automaton Prototypes in an attempt to get close to this idea. Different material Automatons, can be done and is a good idea. I'll add it to the list. Humanoids butcherable and oil made from fat is also good.

I am sorry for the long delay of starting this project, I've been busy and will be busy for quite awhile. I have State Exams every week this month, starting last week. I will begin when possible. Please continue posting ideas and comment on/add on to existing ideas so I can have a good starting foundation for this mod.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:17:20 pm by dragon1423 »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 09:20:19 pm »

Unkillable (but prone to death by heat) T-1000 Automatons.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 03:23:53 pm »

I could make that a rarely occurring caste. For the children thing, I could have only a certain caste of Automatons 'build' other Automatons so the birth rate seems low.

EDIT:
Never mind. They already are really hard to kill.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:25:29 pm by dragon1423 »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton Fortress (Currently under construction)
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 06:10:47 pm »

Sorry for the long delay. I have just started the Automaton Fortress.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 06:47:39 pm »

I found strange thing while playing with iron men: their statues are corpses-> cannot build them but they are automatically  carried into coffins :D

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 06:53:48 pm »

Now that is interesting.

An update on progress: even though I just started less than 20 minutes ago, things are going along pretty fast. You might be able to expect a release Monday or even this weekend.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 08:00:50 pm »

It seems this will most likely suffer from the bug that causes all labors to disappear within a group if one job is removed. It just happened to me, so this mod may be delayed a bit. If someone could make a better looking oil derrick than me, it would be appreciated, and you will receive credit. My oil derrick looks terrible.  :P

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 08:33:58 pm »

Just FYI dragon, if you don't have it, look on my guide, I think it's like the 3rd or 4th post, I link two pages, one of them makes custom workshops, that may be a ton of help. =-)

Also, I think stone oil only might be a good idea partly because ... for example ... if you run a car on natural oil it has all the minerals and what not in it, which prevents leaks and even causes gaskets to last longer, etc... if you were to change the cars oil from standard to synthetic for example, it causes tons of problems and could cause major leaking and tons of problems come from that... so if anything, I would say oil would be ... food... cause food is used less iirc. Drink should be fuel, which could encompass alcohol or refined oil turned to gasoline, but in cars again, that causes problems too. =-P

That's just my opinion on the whole situation.

I think if anything you should make a custom mineral which is oil, but you might run into problems with that, for example... none being on the map.

Anywho, good luck with the mod, would like to see it when it's done.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 01:54:29 pm »

Those ideas are very helpful! And yes, I did look at your guide, I'm just not a good designer. I also used (I forgot the person's name) a custom workshop workshop, as it was called.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 07:29:48 am »

Nice, can't wait :D

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 03:39:14 pm »

How would you guys feel if I made the oil (not the drink, drink is fuel, oil is food) be made at the Butcher Shop? This is the easiest way to do it, unless I can make a custom workshop that acts like a butchery. Otherwise I would have to go through the raws of every creature adding a stone that they drop on death that can be made into oil, which will take A LOT of time.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 03:59:13 pm »

Oil is now currently last priority, the Automatons will survive off of drinking. Don't expect oil to be in any release of this mod, ever. It may come, but not now. When I have the time, I will work on it.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 05:02:18 pm »

Triple post:

What should an oil syndrome do to a creature (besides Automatons)? I'm not sure what I should have it do. After that is taken care of, I will release the first version.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton Fortress (1.0)
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2010, 06:59:08 pm »

Automaton Fortress is released! See the first post for the little information I have there. I will update it later with a more descriptive description.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton Fortress (1.0)
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 07:01:56 pm »

hmmm ima installing it like soon XD
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9