Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: One Post Adventure!!  (Read 1860 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
One Post Adventure!!
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:29:23 pm »

one post adventure!!

you post your character sheet, it's race, it's background, it's personality, you talk a little about his childhood, about his wife and kids, then i will throw some dice and fluffily tell you how you died

put some effort on your characters, so you actually suffer when they die, you know, like when you spend almost an hour deciding if you'll go with proficient shield user and proficient axedwarf or master axedwarf and no shield, just to die on your first ambush against a wolf
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:25:50 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: one post adventure!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:03:15 pm »

example:

Quote from: you
rull the human barbarian
he is a strong and noble warrior, wields a great two handed axe, lost his parents to orcs as a child and has a mortal hatred of these. he has been wandering the wilds in search of glory and revenge.

Quote from: me
roll for epicness of quest:2 not very epic
roll for loot:6 much loot!!
roll for:phases of the quest:2 will have to face two challenges minimum.

you arrive the town of Kurala, and head to the famous metalsmith where you were going to commission an exceptional great axe. he tells you that he is worried about his son that hasn't showed up for lunch and is probably lost in the woods. he tells you that he wont be able to worn on your axe untill he finds him and set off to the forest, you go with him to help him on the journey.
you reach Kurala forest and find a very large spiderweb, this makes the smith nervous and you, as a seasoned adventurer recognize it as being the web of a spider man. week creeps that you kill for breakfast, so you offer to rescue the kid from the spidery beasts, in exange for the axe and the smith agrees.

you search for the spider man (roll for success:2 fail) and find a cave, as you explore it you find a bear and confront it(roll:3)
you manage to slay the beast, but you are injured(-1 on combat rolls)

you search for the spider man (roll for success:5) you find the mancreature and before it notices you you throw it a large rock. ir breaks the chitin of it's shoulder injuring it(+1 on fights aganist him) then you fight him (roll:2-1+1=2) the creature beats you and gets away!!

you search for the spider man (roll for success:6 epic success) you find the creature again, and jump on it before it gets time to react, you hack it to bits!!

you search for the kid (roll: 4), you follow the spiderman's trail to his hideout. there you find the kid enveloped in silk in a strange cocoon, as you set the kid free you disturb the spiderman's offspring, and are swarmed by spidermanlings, you fight them (roll:4-1=3) you fight and smash many of them before the rest starts to flee, you are severely injured, but you saved the kid and your quest is done.

you go back to the town carrying the kid with the little strength you have, everybody cheers you and the blacksmith presents you with his finest creation to date, a great axe made that gives you +2 on attack rolls

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: One Post Adventure!!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 06:32:29 pm »

Uh... are you asking people to make characters that they care about so that they can have a guaranteed death? That doesn't sound like too much fun.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:37:47 pm »

i'll be having all the fun HAHAHA!!

seriously, i'll leave it to the dice to decide if they live or die, but i'll try to make an interesting story for every character, and we all know losing can be fun

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 06:46:55 pm »

Eh, alright. I'll let you design Frederick XIX's adventure - it's an interesting idea, and you should be able to make something fun from him. He's a wizard from a long line of adventurers. He prides himself on being logical, but hates injustice with a passion. His goal is to generally reduce suffering in the world.
In this incarnation, he focuses on the schools of summoning and pyromancy. He wears green robes and has a staff with a sharp pointy bit on the end. Despite being a wizard, he is relatively athletic, and is capable of fighting with his staff.

Frederick XIX is oddly obsessed with mangoes.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:52:28 pm by Nirur Torir »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 08:25:36 pm »

haha! epicness 6, prepare to save the world...or doom it
loot 3, meh, a couple of mangoes
5 phases

Frederick the nineteenth had joined a party of adventurers in the past month. they were little more than bandits and looters, and little smarter than orks, and they nearly got Frederick killed twice. Luckily they met their end at the jaws of a crocodile on an ancient ruin, unfortunately for little Freddie here, he trapped himself on that same ruin while dealing with the monster. He is in a room engraved with ancient hieroglyphs and an altar. Frederick examines the altar

roll:1 despite his intellect, Frederick carelessly touches the altar before trying to detect any traps or protective magic. The top of the altar lifts a bit and starts dripping a slimy substance, this substance smells foully and rises before Frederick. This glob is clearly animated and hostile, he will have to fight it! roll:4 it attacks, trying to engulf Frederick, but he dodges the slime.He then strikes at it with his staff, and cuts the thing in half, but the two halves join again. Frederick quickly conjures a fire spell and his staff ignites, as he strikes the slime it ignites! For a few seconds Frederick fights the burning creature but eventually it shrivels into a dead black substance
   Frederick examines the hieroglyphs in the wall (roll:5) he deciphers a spell that lets him transverse the wall in a certain place. He casts said spell.
   The spell feels...crude and ancient, Frederick quickly note it down on his spell book, it is of academic interest and he thinks he can reproduce it back home. The spell took him to a corridor, behind him is the engraved representation of a door with the same spell inscribed
   roll:3 Frederick casts detect traps on the corridor, oh and he detects them alright, ancient spells that he has no way of disarming, but at least he has a chance at evading them (roll:3) the floor is trapped, but the walls look safe, he casts a spell to change the direction of gravity affecting him, just enough for him to pull some athletic stunts...which he fails, he tries to run on the wall, but he loses his balance and his hand touches the ground! a bolt shoots from the ceiling and pierces a hole trough his hand.

He reaches the end of the corridor, here Frederick finds a descending staircase, down there is a round chamber, in the middle of which is a pedestal, on top of which is a very strange skull. It looks human, but...disturbingly different... it has a narrow cranium, but not too narrow, it's eyes are big, but not inhuman, the jaws have a strange shape, but are not those of a monster, and the teeth are long but...human enough... nothing is too strange on itself, but the set of features is disturbing and alien overall... as you examine the skull you notice a dormant spirit imprisoned in it...

it's 2:22 am, this will be a two posts adventure cuz i have to go to bed

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 09:20:24 pm »

Watching this. I may come up with an adventurer eventually.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 09:25:26 pm »

I havent continued nirur torir's story because this is too much work for the attention it's getting. i'll continue if he posts asking me to finish it. Also, if you create your character i'll do him too.

EDIT: ilso, i sent you a pm a few days ago, you read it?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 09:41:57 pm »

OR it could be that people are waiting to see how this adventure turns out before posting another character for you to work on? :P

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 09:54:44 pm »

eh, if people didn't keep trying to motivate me to work on it at 3 am...heck, it's 4 am already?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 12:01:17 am »

I'm reading this one to see how it turns out before I submit one.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 06:45:47 am »

I'd like to see this finished, please. No Frederick has ever finished his adventure, this could be a first.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 06:52:01 am »

ok, today i'll take the day for my girlfriend, i'll continue this later, but here's a little progress

He reaches the end of the corridor, here Frederick finds a descending staircase, down there is a round chamber, in the middle of which is a pedestal, on top of which is a very strange skull. It looks human, but...disturbingly different... it has a narrow cranium, but not too narrow, it's eyes are big, but not inhuman, the jaws have a strange shape, but are not those of a monster, and the teeth are long but...human enough... nothing is too strange on itself, but the set of features is disturbing and alien overall... as you examine the skull you notice a dormant spirit imprisoned in it...

Frederick attempts to summon this entity. roll 1. he fails, and voracious spirits from the void answer the call instead! they are (roll) 2 and have monstruous apearances:
one is a crow twisted into humanoid form, with a 9 snakes in place of a head
the other is composed of seven severed arms wielding swords of a strange design, these seem to come from  a distant world or a distant age and all from different times or places.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:54:41 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 11:45:30 am »

Perhaps Frederick curses the adventure he is in so that it never finishes!

Or maybe we just suck at finishing what we start.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 07:12:18 am »

I'd like to see this finished, please. No Frederick has ever finished his adventure, this could be a first.

I think I have two freds, and neither adventure is forgotten, just delayed, likely forever. I am actually thinking of reviving one of them, and planning out some plot leading to the end fairly quickly, so that I can say that it is over, even though the original intent was for it to go on far longer...
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: [1] 2