Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Gentlemanne of Natural Philosophie!  (Read 43659 times)

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gentlemanne of Natural Philosophie!
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2010, 08:54:25 am »

Are we not a gentlemanne? How rude of us would it be to not act politely towards such an esteemed inspector. We must, of course, offer him the finest wine and the best seats in the house.

Surely, he is tired too? We should inquire if he needs a place to stay for the night and whether he would prefer to reside in our guest chambers or, if that is not to his comfort, at the village inn.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2010, 09:11:17 am »

Are we not a gentlemanne? How rude of us would it be to not act politely towards such an esteemed inspector. We must, of course, offer him the finest wine and the best seats in the house.

Surely, he is tired too? We should inquire if he needs a place to stay for the night and whether he would prefer to reside in our guest chambers or, if that is not to his comfort, at the village inn.

this
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2010, 09:35:03 am »

this
Only one i? agreed.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2010, 09:56:14 am »

Methinks our best plan would be this one.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2010, 10:48:34 am »

You are indeed a Gentlemanne! You shall treat this Inspector politely.
You head down to the village where you find the Inspector quizzing the locals in the tavern. The villagers are acting like a bunch of inbred farmhands, an act which, admittedly, does not require much in the way of, well, acting.
The Inspector notices you come in and waves you towards a seat as he continues to explain what constitutes strange occurrences to a trio of children who he does not realise are making faces when he is not looking. Eventually he gives up, and as the children run off, he turns to you.
He has goggles. Smoke-tinted goggles.
He addresses you crudely. He introduces himself, and waves away your own introduction, stating that he already knows all about you. He proceeds to command you to take him to your manor. He then comments on your twitching eyebrows.
But you are a Gentlemanne and will not descend to his level. You handle as best as you can with the man's offensive manner, and make polite conversation to which the replies are gruff and monosyllabical. At your manor you offer him food and wine which he refuses, preferring to eat and drink from personal supplies, and a room, which he accepts.
After the -what must pass for- pleasantries are over he starts to ask questions. What have you been doing since you left the Institute, asks he. Passing the time, say you. Raising chickens, growing vegetables, etcetera. Really, says he, that is not like you. No, say you, but what is like me got people killed, haha. He does not join in your laughter, but scribbles in a notebook. Have you considered returning to Science, asks he. Yes, say you, but the Institute was not to reinstate my Licence for at least two years. That is not what I meant, says he, have you considered Science without License? No, say you. Hmm, says he.
Afterwards he searches through your house. The first few rooms he taps every wood panel and looks under every portrait, but by the end he is barely glancing in to check that there is not a hulking monstrosity sitting on the floor.
You have an exceedingly large house, says he, in a manner that you find, quite frankly, provocative.
He then retires to his room. You hear the door being locked.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2010, 10:51:06 am »

Drill a hole in the door, to see what the Inspector is up to.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2010, 10:51:38 am »

Wait, what time is it? how long has he been here?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 10, 2010, 10:54:32 am »

No no no, that is the act of a mad scientist, filled with delusions of the power of SCIENCE. We are a gentleman, with much more reasonable delusions of the power of science.

Instead, go feed the chickens. We must keep up a pretense of normalcy for now.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2010, 10:56:16 am »

Wait, what time is it? how long has he been here?
It is 28 days since you returned home. It is evening.
The Inspector has been here since this morning, when you went to meet him in the village.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2010, 10:58:26 am »

No no no, that is the act of a mad scientist, filled with delusions of the power of SCIENCE. We are a gentleman, with much more reasonable delusions of the power of science.

Instead, go feed the chickens. We must keep up a pretense of normalcy for now.

On the roof of their room? Just a small one?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2010, 11:00:33 am »

Is there any chance we could see the contents of his notebook? Hell, if he caught us, we could just go "AHAHAHA well I was curious and since I daren't perform SCIENCE! this is the most I'll be satsifying my curiosity about anything for some time. HA. HA."
Though hopefully in a more convincing manner.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2010, 11:08:49 am »

>Knock on his door and ask him if there's anything you can od to make his time more enjoyable.

>Offer to show him the sights of your local area.

>Cook him a lavish dinner

>Ask him if there is any news from the institute

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2010, 11:16:06 am »

Is there any chance we could see the contents of his notebook? Hell, if he caught us, we could just go "AHAHAHA well I was curious and since I daren't perform SCIENCE! this is the most I'll be satsifying my curiosity about anything for some time. HA. HA."
Though hopefully in a more convincing manner.

sigged
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2010, 11:21:17 am »

Wow, I'm in like 5 peoples signatures right now. I feel gratified. :D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2010, 12:47:18 pm »

Best to keep up the pretense of normalcy for now. I would be interesting in seeing what is in the journal, but I'm not sure we should risk it...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31