Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The REALLY dumb ideas thread.  (Read 4710 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: The REALLY dumb ideas thread.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 01:46:13 pm »

I believe flight is broken presently. Things seem to kind of hover just off the ground, but they can go up and over walls.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 01:47:02 pm »

I gave it wings once, but I think it was not enough since it never took flight. Was something else needed?

[FLIER] tag.  I think the wings were unnecessary.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 01:47:11 pm »

Kickass. A giant adamantine unicorn that kills everything.

I'm not sure about the flying. Not particularly familiar with much DF code.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 02:15:52 pm »

Nobody's going to do a full Incubus/Succubus entry for Sephiroth, Drizz't, Grombrindal, Duke Nukem, Capt. Keen, Starbuck (both versions), Chuck Norris, Harry Dresden (bonus points for Bob) and the entire casts of Sailor Moon, Akira, The Little Mermaid, and Petticoat Junction?  You're lucky I've only got a sick imagination, and not time or l337 |V|0ddi|\|G skillz...  ;)

edit: Just pointing out I did not mention the Golden Girls, Baywatch or the Fraggles.  I do have *some* standards...
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 03:04:30 pm »

Even for the sake of overpoweredness, I cannot condone Sephiroth having maxed out Empathy, Social Awareness, and Patience.  I can see some level of patience, but not max.  But Empathy and Social Awareness? No.

Also, can a creature have multiple pref strings?   Because I think Sephiroth deserves a few more.
Personally, I don't care.  Just a guy with that name...

Too bad you can't auto-give them a weapon on generation....
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 03:21:12 pm »

@Zangi
just make a bodypart on him that is a sword and all is main attacks are done with it, if he loses it he uses bad ass martial arts and Ultima

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 03:23:23 pm »

Personally, I don't care.  Just a guy with that name...

Too bad you can't auto-give them a weapon on generation....
You CAN give them a claw-like structure and describe it however you want. An adamantine katana attached to his left hand would be pretty slick.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

FACM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 07:42:53 pm »

Nobody's going to do a full Incubus/Succubus entry for Sephiroth, Drizz't, Grombrindal, Duke Nukem, Capt. Keen, Starbuck (both versions), Chuck Norris, Harry Dresden (bonus points for Bob) and the entire casts of Sailor Moon, Akira, The Little Mermaid, and Petticoat Junction?  You're lucky I've only got a sick imagination, and not time or l337 |V|0ddi|\|G skillz...  ;)

edit: Just pointing out I did not mention the Golden Girls, Baywatch or the Fraggles.  I do have *some* standards...

Chuck Norris only needs 3 body parts: HAND (for fists), FOOT (roundhouse kicks) and BEARD.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 08:12:13 pm »

*VOMIT*
Oh god, that's disgusting. I'll get working on that.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 09:04:10 pm »

Hahaha oh god that would make the most hilarious arena fights ever. I would so get it if anyone makes it.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 10:36:01 pm »

Hahaha oh god that would make the most hilarious arena fights ever. I would so get it if anyone makes it.
Ultimate Showdown anybody?
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 10:53:43 pm »

Ultimate Showdown anybody?
Sponsored by Urist McFreud's patented Brain Bleach!
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 10:57:18 pm »

This now MUST be done.
You have been here, you have read the idea, you have thought about it, you can not unthink it. Every hero, villain, sidekick, damsel, creepy weapon salesmen, jack sparrow rip off and cardcaptor MUST be made.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 11:37:52 pm »

But.... but... Where's the [CURSE:SAILOR:SAMUEL_L] tag?  If I can't have a Snakes on a Plane Elves in my Fort/Plump (Helmet) Fiction mod, it's not worth it... ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:42:33 pm by Ratbert_CP »
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 11:48:12 am »

We need a forgotten beast that has every conceivable raw and limb attached to them. Name it "Creation" or something oddly meaningful. Of course, to be able the have so many such parts, the thing would probably have to be the size of a planet.

We can also try out a superheroes mod. But then again, adventure mode ought to be hellish if you're just a mere mortal.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:50:12 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4